The Hangover

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by integroid, Jun 17, 2009.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I almost peed in my pants. This will go up as one of my all time favorite comedy movies. THere is so much that I am going to watch it again to make sure I didnt miss anything.

2. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

That movie was freakin' ridiculously funny!! 10 out of 10 in my book.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looking forward to it...

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Guess I'll have to add to my list of movies to see..

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

best comedy, hands down.

Comes close to old school, but only b/c old school revolutionized the way we watched comedies.

Still, it's better than wedding crashers, anchor man, dodgeball, van wilder...all of them. I can't think of a single movie right now I'd rather see, and I watched it Sunday AND Monday. Go see it, you won't be dissappointed

6. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Paging dr faggot

Haha movie was awesome. Saw it last week in preperation for my trip to vegas.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

8. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

yes great movie... definitely one to watch twice... by the middle of the movie i had already forgot half the punch lines from the beginning...

9. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

going to see it friday hopefully :)

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Tall statement my friend... Old School was awesome... your forgetting 40 year old Virgin, Superbad, and Happy Gilmore...

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

It was great!

"There were skittles in there!"

12. integroid

Sorry, The Hangover kicks the shit out of all of them:)

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..just watched it tonight..awesome movie...

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

what about super troopers? NOTHING tops it.

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Grandma's Boy may top it, or at the very least comes really, really close.

16. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I would ban you from the face of the earth for such blasphemy

17. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

It's not a man purse, it's a sachel! indiana jones carries one

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

Can't believe I missed this thread. The movie was hilarious. I laughed like a rahtard through the whole thing.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I saw this a couple nights ago, and there were some extremely funny parts, but overall, I give the movie a 7. With all the rave reviews in this thread, I was very disappointed. The movie was good, and I will watch it again, but it did not live up to the expectation that this thread set.

20. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm sorry, I REALLY enjoyed the Hangover. But it is NOT better than wedding crashers, super troopers, or 40 y/o virgin.

21. gfred024

gfred024 Member

^+100 It was good but yeah a 7 at best. Not even close to Super Troopers, Grandma's Boy, or Talladega nights.

22. integroid

To each his own...I never said it was better than supertroopers though.

40 y/o virgin and wedding crashers Iwould have to say yes to but like I said, to each his own......and yes I am a very big fan of all of those movies.

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

im sorry, but i put dumb and dumber at a 10. and everything else has to rate against that. i'd put super troopers as a 9-9.5, 40y/o virgin and wedding crashers would be like an 8. old school would be a 9.

i base this on the amount of lines from the movie i know/how many times i've seen it/etc. i have seen dumb and dumber 129441240123012 times, it never gets old, is always funny, and i know basically every line from start to finish.

based on this system its not fair to accurately rank the hangover yet. but i would probly eventually stick in with the 8.5-9 range on my personal scale.

but yeah, to each his own.

24. integroid

Dumb and Dumber ....yeah, that is one of my all time favs as well. I know almost every line in that movie.

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I say it was comparable to dumb and dumber.

26. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Pretty damn funny... It was awesome they used the same wedding singer from Old School. But, it doesn't beat 40 Year old virgin, Old school and Dumb and Dumber... Great movie though, I'm sure I'll watch it again several times...

27. Deke

Deke Active Member

In all fairness I didn't see 40yov in theater, but this probably tied with Wedding Crashers and Superbad for the most I've ever laughed in a theater. Not to say that I think those are the 3 greatest comedies made, just my initial reaction. I do think this is probably my favorite non-Judd Appatow comedy I've seen since Wedding Crashers.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  28. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

Ill put that on my do not watch again. It was too ludicrous, there were funny parts but I guess it's really a movie for a bunch of dudes with beer to watch.

29. Deke

Deke Active Member

I could see that. But I went with a mixed group to see it and the girls all thought it was hilarious (in addition to raunchy and depraved of course).

30. Lol, it's not illegal, it's just frowned upon... like masturbating on an airplane...

The Dan Band, funny as hell...

31. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have their album. Total Eclipse of the Heart is not their best song. Might be the only song they are really known for, but their album has a couple that are much better if you can believe that.

32. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

33. integroid

Where did you get the album from? Is it a live album or studio recording?

34. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Downloaded it after seeing them on Old School and looking up who they were. It is primarily live, though I think a track or two may have been recorded in the studio.

35. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Turn around... bright eye.. I fucking need you more..than eva!

36. integroid

Ok, I saw the movie again last night and me and the person I was with were on the floor laughing.

"Not You Fat Jesus"
    "Suck on these little Chinese Balls"

OMG...I missed so much the first time I saw it.

37. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, one of those movies you cant possibly catch everything the 1st time. I will be burning the DVD and rewatching multiple times when its released I'm sure. "You guys are my wolfpack..."

38. Jake

Jake Active Member

39. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

40. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Watched it again tonight. great movie!

41. integroid

Yeah, I bought the BluRay the day it came out for $14.99. Still can't watch the BluRay edition since my PS3 is wrapped up under our tree at home. Oh well.

42. integroid

This is my 3 year old son's favorite movie:) Who says you cant watch it with the family?

43. Alex

Are there any additional features / scenes on the blu ray that are worth it?

44. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Gotta say that I loved this the first time I saw it, because I hadn't seen any previews or anything, and barely knew the premise, but it didn't hold up to a repeat viewing.

45. Alex

Agreed. Ive seen it three times now and I really cant say that I'd want to own it.

46. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ I'd say if you really didn't care for it that much, you wouldn't have watched it a 2nd time.. let alone a 3rd... IDK, maybe your standards on "being worthy to own" are higher than mine :)

47. Alex

Well I had several friends that did not see it the "first" time with me and asked if I would go see it with them...and I did.

Its good to have on the shelf if someone is over who hasnt seen it before I suppose.

48. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Totally agree. This is not as "re-viewable" as say Anchor Man or Old School. I do have the blu ray though..