The Hurricane Costs - Who will help us out financially?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Sep 1, 2005.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

The US raised millions of dollars to assist China with the relief and recovery from the Tsunami.

So the question is: Do you think that any countries will help us with the cleanup from Katrina?

Lets hear everyone's feedback.

2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i guess the usual nations will help, Great Britian and a couple others, maybe. we will see

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I will be surprised to see if anyone else helps us out. The US always seems to be the country who will help Solve everyone elses issues. Look at how many troops we have in IRAQ, yet it took like 3 days to get some decent support to help out our own country. LOL...Talking about spreading to thin. But thank goodness for our Homeland Security :)

Right now War on Terrorism, which will never end. How can you change how people think, who they worship, etc. All the actitivies over in the middle east are eventually fueled by regligion. If Bush wants to end the terror over in the middle east its gonna take a few A bombs and just decimate the entire place, yet terror will still exist even after that. Worthless war.

Anways, the USA always wants to be the BIG player in everyone elses buisness. I see everyone else looking at us and just giving the apologizes and worrying abou there own issues.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

No. But seriously, I doubt it. We're actually going to get a sizable relief project underway here at Tech this week.

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea i dont really see us getting any help. Maybee some help from great britain and 1 other country but doubtful.

6. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

canada helps us out more than most people know (definitely more than people are told). wouldn't surprise me if they were collecting for it right now. they just lack the self-aggrandisement that most country's tend to wrap themselves in.

7. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

theres no oil in florida dude, just old people, who voted for gore in 2000

and uh....dont expect any help.

8. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

There has already been like 12 countires say they are willing to send help and aid. Watch TV people! :)

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Sweden has offered to send over water processing/cleaning equipment, hospital equipment, housing (metal housing that you build in place), and people to help restore the telecom gear in the area. The Hercules plane's standing by, but apparently a formal request for assistance from the US is required for it to take off...

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

Hercules Hercules!!

[​IMG]

12. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:rofl: