The Hurt Locker

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Bug-Rex, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

This is an awesome movie. I really only review movies that I absolutely liked, and this is definitely one of them.

9.5/10

I had not heard of this movie before it came to DVD and I was astounded that I hadn't.

It is the perfect blend of action and drama, and does an excellent job of immersing the viewer in the action and characters.

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend that you do.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

not a bad movie, but pretty slow. It's over 2 hours, too, and definitely feels like it. I was never at the point of getting up and walking away, but the thought had crossed my mind. For a war movie, there wasn't nearly enough action, and as soon as an action scene presented itself, it was over in 30 seconds. It was probably one of the more realistic movies for what I would imagine it's like over there.

6.5/10

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

it was out for a while, but i think it got released the same time as a harry potter movie or some other big move back in the end of the summer so it was relatively quiet

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

USA 26 June 2009 (limited)

6. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

I have the DVD on my tv stand waiting to be watched. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

7. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

This movie is solid, not your a-typical war movie but down right the real deal. Realy defines the war in Iraq from a grunts perspective.