the long anticipated return of Tom's Wrx?

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Tom's WRX, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Whats up crew. I think that im pretty much done venturing off into the land of the 350Z and its time to come home to the WRX crew that i belon to. Im on the hunt for a WRX in the neighbohood of 11-12K let me know if you have an ear on the ground with someone selling. i have a couple of options now but want to have more.

Talk to ya'll soon.

PS: i am training to run a marathon in Alaska for cancer research. i have a goal raise 5 grand. Many of you may know that my fiance Sarah was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma last year and has since won her battle with cancer. If you would like to support us in our efforts to cure blood cancer, please check out my website.
    http://www.active.com/donate/tntga/tommywaterworth

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

THANKS GUYS!

TOM

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2008
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome back Tom....Ill keep my eye out for a suby for ya

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Welcome back! And congrats to your wife for winning, and good luck to you! I'll be sure to donate something to you

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Well damn Tommy, it's about time. Good to soon have you back.

5. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

dude thats great, im happy about your wife, congratulations!!!

6. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

welcome back man!

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

8. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Welcome back!

Glad to hear the good news with the wife!!!

Check your PM's.......

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  9. FACE

FACE Active Member

AWESOME to hear the wife has beaten this! Good luck with the run and welcome back!!!

:wavey:

10. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Congrats to your fiance, I also beat cancer about ten years ago. And Tom, my wrx is for sale...

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

There you go tommy, there's two wrx's for sale!!!

12. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Congrats to you my friend. Cancer is a hard battle but one that definately opens your eyes to a brand new world. I am thankful for the experience of helping her fight her cancer. cant wait to go to alaska and run for the cure.

Pm me some pics of your car. i would love to see it and give her a spin. my boy live out in newnan so i might be able to slide out there and check it out and go see him all in the same night.

T

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Hi Tom, Great to see ya back bro....I donated towards your's and Sarah's site. Have a nice Easter bro...

Mark

14. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

hey buddy! thanks for the donations on both accounts. how are you liking Virginia? I miss the Old Dominion. I will be in Richmond the fisrt weekend in April for the Ukrop's 10K. Are you going to be close?

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:) Great news about Sarah.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I know it's out of your specified price range but have you checked out my buddies car in the For Sale thread? It's already set up really nice and TUNED!

17. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Yeah man, that thing is bad to the bone! but again, not in the range though. i wish

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am about an hour away.....

Mark:)

19. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

That incredible about your wife, Sarah!

Good luck with the car search, my friend.

20. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Thanks bud. It was a crazy fight but she is my Mountain Momma and she is tough as nails!

21. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

22. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

damn that's not bad for an 02' but i wonder if there is supposed to be a 1 in front of the 5 for the milage.....i say it's worth a call.......

23. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Good lookin out man. Yeah the whole distance running is for the birds but if it helps people get the same treatment as Sarah then im all for it.

24. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Funny you should say that. i made that $30 investment on Carfax and come to find out... the actual last reading on the odometer was 94K. Strange huh? I feel a scam coming on. Perhaps i should try to get it for 7 since they are listing it at 10.

25. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Wow they think people are idiots (many are). They are also breaking the law if your info is correct. I guess if the federal government is willing to bail out Bear Stearns after JP Morgan their competitors bought them out and ironically the Attorney General Michael Mukasey has had a long term relationship with JP Morgan, anyone can be unethical and obvious about it.

I shot them a quick e-mail by the way. The car dealer that is, not JP Morgan, ha!
    Here it is:
    "This vehicle was Carfaxed today. The last odometer reading was 94K. Do you have a typo in your add or are you blatantly breaking the law?
    Please Advise"