The next Waco?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Aug 1, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2005-07-29/pols_feature.html

--
    The youth fleeing the FLDS now, many of them 16 and 17 years old, are only testing "academically, at a second-grade level," she says, and many are completely incapable of taking care of themselves, even on the most basic level. "We have to teach them how to bathe," she said. "They are taught that their bodies are disgusting, and that they are not to touch or to look at each other" or at themselves. "I was teaching how to put lotion on," she said, "and [these kids] said, 'We have to touch ourselves?'"

2. So some lady is teaching a 17 year old how to put lotion on? Hmmmm.

maybe I should RTFA before I pass judgement on that paragraph.

3. OK, I read the article. Some people are real nutjobs. And whats even worse than the nutjobs are the people who are so desperate for a leader to lead them that they willingly accept the nutjobs rule.

I heard a good quote from a movie once (yeah, quotes are corny I know - but try to say something that hasn't been said 3 times in a movie already) that 90% of the people out there are complete followers just looking for someone to lead them. Someone needs to go in there and lead these people out...

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Fixed it for you...

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

man thats some crazy shit!!

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

It blows my mind that such backward towns can still exist in society today:(

7. Weapon

its things like this that scare me

8. What, your signature banner? ;)

9. Weapon

no..crazy brain washing false prophets and the weak minded :p