THE ULTIMATE driving experience @ Tail of Dragon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JJang12, Jul 22, 2005.

1. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

WOW~ It was the MOST awesome driving experience that i ever had in my life!!! :bigthumb: :bigthumb: It was like LONG 15 miles long of road racing track. Pavements were in good condition except couple spots. Lots and Lots of turns, Sudden elevation changes, short straight ways, and great cambered banks at corners. It got everything!!!

ONE recommendation, DO NOT take your gf or wife OR kids. I highly recommend to drive by yourself. Your passengers will get motion sickness or maybe even heart attack.

My gf and I were enjoying the curves in the beginning. However, after half way, she began to get motion sickness and was about to throw up. :( so i ended up driving pretty slow rest of the run, but still it was lots of fun as well.

Next time, I really want to go as a group without my gf. :naughty: :naughty: NO body will complain about 3hr of driving up there. Maybe we can do more than one run. it'll be really fun. TRUST ME!! I took some pix, but i have to post them up when i get back home.

Has anyone else went to Tail of Dragon before??

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Been there twice. The first time one person in our group crashed his mint condition e30 that he bought only two weeks prior. Luckily he hit a tree, which totalled his e30 but saved his life.

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

NOSAIC has the subi run 1 time a year. I am definatly interested in going though never made it out.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

how long was the mountain run? a lot of cops?

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Actually on the mountain run last weekend we were talking about some other possibly runs we would like to do. Here is what came out of some of those little talks.

1. Tail of the Dragon Run
    - will need to figure it out and determine if we want to go for the long
    day or go stay somewhere
    2. SO (Significant Other) Run
    - Bring a picnic lunch n snacks and just take a easy drive through
    the mountains stopping to site see some and a picnic lunch :)
    3. Another North Ga mountain run.
    - Break up into smaller more managable groups due to the large turn out last weekend. We will have meeting points after certain sections where we can all re group and then take off from again

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  6. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

The cops aren't too bad, but they do shoot radar from up on a hill sometimes. With the nasioc group we would drive through slowly and then go attack on the way back. The skyway is cool too with large sweeping roads. It's something you want to go up and have somewhere to stay. Fontana lodge could give us 3 or 4 rooms and we could all stuff in. Big party!

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

extreme road trip and partyin :wavey: where do i sign?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin