The Wrestler

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Deke, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I just watched this with a few friends last night, and I must say, I was quite impressed. It is not a feel good movie by any stretch, but it is definitely worth a watch. Mickey Rourke was great in it, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get an Oscar nomination for it.

Being that it's not a visually spectacular movie (and that it's only in a few theaters), I'd recommend waiting until it hits DVD. But it was a great movie nonetheless.

Has anyone else seen it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looks interesting...

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

he won the golden globe for best actor already.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I always enjoy Aronofsky's work -- except for The Fountain. Ive been wanting to check this out for sometime now, thanks for the reminder.

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh really? Well yeah, he does an amazing job.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Isn't he 60? Jeebus. Looking like HHH.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

The fountain was damn good..

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hehe, he's in good shape, but he looks rough as hell. Apparently plastic surgery didn't treat him right.

9. Yeah he is rough as hell lookin. He was good in SinCity, this does look interesting though.

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Decent film... Props to Rourke for what must have been a steroid induced transformation into a wrestler... He looks the part. The plot was kinda weak.. Morissa Tome's character really served no purpose other than eye candy (incredible eye candy... naked for about 20 minutes throughout the film). The whole thing seems underdeveloped and rushed, trying to cram a mini love story, reconnecting with a neglected daughter, over the hill wrestler......... I don't know about awards, but worth the rental...