things sure have changed since 1955

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

cues "Control Your Hoe" by Snoop Dogg

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

lol funny thing is i have that artical in print on the back of a recipe i got from my grandma. im a lil sad this all came to an end with all that womens lib shit. ladies dont hate. american family life was better then.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  4. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

the womens "lib shit" started in the 1950s... remember tupperware parties? keeping a woman at home is selling her short on her intelligence and free agency... the problem began when (interestingly enough starting in the 1950's as well) the marketers started the psych applications (see another post about impeaching bush)... once we were convinced that we had to be other-directed, we became convinced (over time) that we had to keep up with society's expectation of us as consumers. at which point people accepted the rationale that day care was best for the child (the child will develop faster ect.), when really it just allows both parents to work full time and consume at an accelerated rate. the marketers used the lib movement to reinforce the rationalization.

conversely, many societies in the hunter/gatherer stage had the women go out to hunt and the men stayed to maintain and protect the camp, but that's another discussion entirely.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

that is funny. kris, where did you find that?

-drums

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats funny as hell... was that a real article?

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Now this is good stuff. I am gonna print this out and stick it on the fridge for the wifey to see :)

8. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

-remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

-you have no right to question him.

-a good wife always know her place.

hahahaha, great stuff

-drums

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I used to play in an orchestra with a guy who was a "stay at home husband". His wife was an executive at a local business and he sat around, did housework, and played his trombone all day. He talked about it like it was a sweet deal. I wouldnt mind it . . .