This is Important Guys...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by monk, Nov 17, 2005.

1. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

2. Goose013

Goose013 Member

sneaky Sony

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

for some reason this doesnt surprise me..but why isnt the government more agressive to sony? i mean they prosecute single citizens for hacking..why not a corporation?

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I read about this a few months ago, its nice to see them owning up and someone finally doing something about it.

Just goes to show, the music industry's product is shit and they know it. No one buys cds because it is a horrible product. Simple economics can tell anyone that. Offer a product worth buying and people WILL buy it.

5. monk

in a word? money.

6. Alex

Im pretty sure someone is a friend of a friend...

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

that doesnt make any sense to me..i mean it even comprimised the security of government computers..but i guess if u have enough money you can do anything you want..even hack into government computers without a slap on the hand

8. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Linux is your friend....avoid the plague

9. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

you can go the mac route... osX is linux based

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Macs rule!
    work on a PC if you have to, but leave it at work. play on your mac at home. i've never had a virus, ever. :wiggle:

11. monk

OSX and up is unix kernel... the most adept hackers started in unix because the majority of servers were unix (and still are to a good degree)... doesn't make you safe, just less of a target.

12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Sweet! I can justify my downloading now. I'm protecting myself from spyware.

Bastard corporations. They bitch about us stealing their music and then start illegally installing software onto our machines.

13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

oops... accidently slipped a L infront there.

your right it doesn't make us safe. (not sure what the exact % of the market is) but i believe about 5% of the PC users are macs and the other 95% are the evil dark lord PC's. If i was going to make a virus, it just doesn't seem worth it to only hit the 5% when i could go after the other 95%.

14. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    think of macs as a bmw. they only have 5% of the market, right? but what auto maker doesn't want to be bmw?

15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah baby!!!
    [​IMG]

16. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

bling bling baby!
    what do you think about Intel Macs? they're coming Jan '06.

17. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

really?.....is that a Mac with an intel chip? or something? i though they already ran intel chips?

18. monk

the iMac will have the new intel chipset in '06-the rest will follow shortly thereafter. they were running Motorola chipsets, then IBM chipsets.

personal MAC OS usership counts for less than 3%... the other 2+% are education, and less than 2.5% make up the netizen populace.

bobby, the the "loss" of sales that the record companies complained about were relatively quite miniscule... the year beforethey shut napster down, eminem broke all gross sales records to that date. sony didn't do this stupid shit because they were overly worried about record sales as much as they were interested in atlernate revenue streams via data mining.

19. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

20. SilverBullet

SilverBullet New Member

bad sony, bad bad sony :hsnono:

21. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Actually, in this case, microsoft is your friend too as they are soon to release a patch that will kill the root kit from sony....

22. Alex

Im sure that patch will be SP2 mandatory, and there's no way on earth Im installing sp2.

23. monk

which ought to be interesting, because their technet instructions for a rootkit fix is a reinstall of the system, reason being-rootkits typically corrupt the registry once removed.

24. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

holy pain in the ASS!!! that sucks. :(