this is just sad...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by monk, Sep 20, 2007.

1. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

2. WJM

WJM Banned

Every automaker does that sort of thing...it sells more parts/cars.

Saab/SUBARU with the Impreza wagon is a prime example.

Saturn/GMC/Checy/Olds and their SUV/Van crap.

3. cannarella

cannarella Member

This was a partnership where Subaru made the cars for Saab. This China thing looks more like pure ripoffs of other makes.

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Yeah, Will these are Chinese clones of already developed cars. I've heard that on the Chevy Aveo knockoff most of the parts are identical across the entire car; they take apart the car and make duplicates of the parts using inferior metals and sell the cars for dirt cheap.

Ever seen the chinese I-phone knockoff? I think someone posted it on here a while back too.

5. WJM

WJM Banned

lawsuit.

oh wait, china doesnt care awayways.

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

chairman says it's good for the economy so there :p!

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Who cares. We don't get Geely, Chery, Opel or Landwind, Laibao, Neoplan or Zonda, Hongqi, Dadi, Greatwall, or BYD, so why does it matter.

And, as Will said, all Manufacturers do it. Hyundia seems to copy the front end designs from Jaguar, yet nobody says anything.

Aside from Smart and Zonda, I have never even heard of any of those others.

8. WJM

WJM Banned

I've heard of Opel and Vauxhal (sp?)...only from TOCA-2 tho.

Oh...has no one noticed that the 06~08 forester front end looks like the Infiniti suv (QX45)? no?

9. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I can't stand it when they do crap like that. It's different if you the same motor company to cut down on parts and all but that is just sad.

Kawaski is a prime example, (yes I know they don't make cars) but they do use the same motor is several different atv's

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, the logos are what crack me up.

11. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

it's probably because when that one chinese company decided to make their own brand of car and it one starred the crash safety test, they said f that noise, lets copy what's already out there :p

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

^ actually look around the site... there is a crash test of the bmw rippoff... and it ain't pretty.

13. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

:rofl: gotta love the audacity of the company to think lets just copy them!

14. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

gota love it...like the 300c aka bootleg Bentley (not that it looks that close to one but u get the idea)...the Hyundai sonata and the Honda accord...and did you see the commercial w/ the Hyundai and lexus SUV...where the wife mistakes the Hyundai for her Lexus SUV..buahahaha...STUPID!