Thoughts on maste cylinder brace (non-sarcastic post)

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by WRX-WRC, Jul 30, 2014.

1. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Does anyone have one on their car? thoughts on if you can actually tell a difference or mostly just a placebo effect? My LGT is probably do for a brake bleed but no amount of bleeding will get rid of how mundane the braking can feel.

your friend in christ

Alex

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Wild that both of us came on here to post randomly after a good bit of inactivity.

Cant really add much, iirc, stainless lines were a better upgrade than the master cylinder brace but I've never run either.

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

I have it on my car. It's been so long that I don't really remember if it made a difference or not. I don't think it made a significant difference, but if you have the money then go for it. I would honestly put that part on the bottom of the list though. There are more bang for the buck mods you can do.

4. nygiant

nygiant Member

I had one put on my car just a few weeks ago. BIG difference. So much so that its still very noticeable. That combined with SS lines = extremely firm pedal and great braking performance...to the point where I once felt like I needed to upgrade to a BBK, I no longer feel it's necessary, except for aesthetic reasons.
    In addition to the brace, I had new rotors and pads thrown on, but the brakes were not bled.