Thursday Road Kill Thread - Post it up

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Aug 24, 2005.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i like how they painted over the roadkill :rofl:

3. lostinthewoods

Yeah , its pretty cool, I guess

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

5. lostinthewoods

hahah nice.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

is that a gopher?

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

he was riding that bike without a helmet on :hsnono:

8. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

way to big to be a gopher. i forget what its called. looks kinda like a wombat.

heres my roadkill!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lostinthewoods

Its a capybara (aka. carpincho)and is resident to argentina.

Sedentary animal, of brown-reddish coat, that weighs about 50 kg.y is the greater one of the living rodents.
    Although one of its extinguished relatives, the gigantic Protohydrochoerus , had running habits, the capybara is slow and clumsy in the Earth. It does not regulate his corporal temperature suitably and it can undergo a thermal shock after running hundreds of meters. He is however a capable swimmer (it knows of Capybaras that has crossed the wide Orinoco river) and usually it remains several hours per day in the water, of whose proximity it tries not to separate since it depends on her to bathe and not only to drink, but like refuge and until in the courtship and the copula.

A particular sign of its adaptation to aquatic means constitutes it folds that it closes the auditory conduit when the animal submerges. The legs extremely are adapted to swimming and also to the march. They are very short, coverall the previous ones (forcing it to walk inclined towards ahead) and has in his extremities a heavy interdigital membrane that favors the displacement in the water. The high disposition of the snout facilitates to him to swim solely showing the nose, although also he is able to stay submerged four minutes, or more time.

AQUATIC COURTSHIP

The capybara, whose vital cycle reaches around ten years, is already prepared for the procreation between the year and means and both of life.

It is difficult to distinguish sex, since the external genitals of males and females (identical between if ') are locked up by folds anal. However, for the experienced cinegetic guides, this does not constitute inconventene.Simplemente place the animal mouth arrives, approximates the end of the knife, with the edge avoiding courteous, and presses slightly indirectly of the tail to the cebeza. Immediately it appears the penis... if one is a male.

NOTE : To the male usually is recognized very little it by a protuberance on the snout, showy developed in some units and in others.

One is a gland ( boulder ) that grows from a certain weight of the animal - between the 35 and 40 kg - that use for the territorial demarcation .

According to some authors the male would be of greater size than the female.

Nevertheless greater average in the females than in the males is registered a weight.

Other signs of differentiation are the incisors, significantly wider in the males who in the females, and the color of the coat that covers rumps and lower abdomen, darker in the male.

As we know the dependency of the capybara with aquatic means includes the moment of the courtship and the copula.
    When the male begins to persecute the female, olfateƔndo and touching the genital region to him. It, without altering the indifferent step and, guides her companion until the water, where both bathe. The female plunges several times, disappearing of the surface and moving away of the male, who returns to look for it.

Finally, and always in waters of little depth (less than fifty centimeters) the male covers the female, that submerges the head and usually elevates the tail while it sends brief whines.

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Those Capybaras sound like they are onto something....

11. lostinthewoods

12. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i know, i know

its a capabaera (sp), native to south america, and southern fl. reason i know,........i ran one over one night, threw in the back of the truck, think i found a new species

13. lostinthewoods

LOL..Protect the wild life :)

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

15. lostinthewoods

damn that thing got pierced by the wiper.. sweet

16. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

my contribution

Attached Files: