tibby not to bad

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Dec 31, 2005.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

today i got off work at around 4 and was on my way home. I am driving home nad i catch up with a modded 04-05 tiburon gt v6. I end up going past him and stopping at a light. Well he pulls up next to me and i dont take notice but im like what the heck why not see what hes gonna do. So i dont rev or anything and all the sudden i can tell he wants to race from his idle noise slowly climbing to a heavy rev.

Well the light turns green and i gun it, and lets face it without reving it up you cannot launch a wrx. So naturally he gets the better start. Well once my boost kicks in i catch up with him like he had never gone anywere. Then i shift through all gears up to 4th and i am just a slight bit in frnt and i let off and give him a thumbs up. Was actually kinda fun, but a bad idea at the same time :hsnono: ...

regardless those tibbys with exhaust sound pretty sweet, and i will give them some respect.

2. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

I like Tiburon's a lot. I feel that is the way Mitsubishi should have went after 99 instead of the bigger Eclipse. There is one that shadows me on Satilite from time to time. It's a nice ride.

3. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

hmm im not t big on the tibs.. they are nice but my experiences with owners of them suck...

4. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

i had a red tibby before i got my sti and now my bro drives it and is part of this seu-underground forum and i met some of the guys and they were really nice and the tibs were pretty hot but i'm glad i dont drive that thing anymore! no more hyundai for me. subaru all the way!~ :)

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

my first car was a hyundai and i will never buy another one

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I like the looks of the 2nd generation ones. Very good looking cars IMO.
    If I remember correctly they can be supercharged and made a lot faster
    due to that v6 they've got.

7. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I wish hyundai would make it either RWD or AWD.

8. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

hahaha seu arte the ones i had a problem with... :) not me really my best frend but when you mess with my friends it makes troubled water...

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea its not a bad little car IMO but i dont think reliability is to great. Either way he ran with me pretty well.

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I looked at them before getting awhile ago. Both my parents and my sister all drive Hyundias and my dad took his car in for normal work and was given a loaner car. He told the dealership that I was looking for a car and that I liked the Tibby so they let him take a V6 5 speed for a loaner. The car has absolutely no headroom. I would in direct line of site with the Sunvisor and had to duck down a little to drive it. It was completely awful for that reason alone. Not a good car for anyone 6 foot +.