Time Attack Bugeye Build Up

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by slowwrx, Feb 28, 2009.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

As most of you guys know we took a part the black bugeye that my brother and I have been working on for so long. We kind of decided that it was time to part ways with the car since it had become such a money pit. Well fast forward to this morning, Jeremy and I were talking about what I wanted to do with my 06 and the bottom line is I'm not going to be happy driving in modified class so I'm going to want to run unlimited. I don't have time or money to put an unlimited car together for this year so we devised a new plan. But all the parts from my racecar (temporarily) on the Bugeye and run street tire class in Redline this year. So with no further delay I'm going downstairs to start putting the motor together. Ill post the first update with pictures shortly.

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Ballin :D

If you want any help, let me know...I don't know much technical shit, but I'm pretty good when you point and say 'tighten that bolt'

3. slowwrx

Just finished checking everything over on the motor and everything looks good, welding up a fresh set of TGVs tomorrow and then I can finish putting the intake and such back on the motor. Hoping to get all the suspension swapped over before lunch tomorrow and then drop the motor in. The goal is to have it running by the end of next week.

4. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

Sounds incredible, yeah if you need any help tightening bolts or heavy lifting let me know im always down.

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I posts the pics up or it gets the hose again

6. slowwrx

Ill go take some pics in a few, we were up late last night planning. Jeremy and I are about to tear apart the 06 so Ill take some deconstruction pics. I'm no pulling any weight out of the bugeye so no back seat removal etc... I'm not even sure its getting a cage yet.

It is however getting some aero work and Diffs because that stuff will transfer to the the racecar.

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Just didn't want to compete with Doug and Lucy2 did ya?;)

8. slowwrx

No I didn't, I had actually thought about renting the Lucy1 chassis from Doug but I would still have to buy tires for unlimited and Doug can tell you thats not cheap. I could run 4 events on 1 set of street tires easily, Ill probably end up using 3 but it could be done.

9. slowwrx

Well we hit a wall a few minutes ago....looks like the 03 abs can't be swapped for the STI unit without changing the whole wiring harness. I PMd WJM about it and it was as he suspected, so currently we have a dilema. I'm not willing to rewire the whole car to have abs and I'm not willing to run without it on street tires either.

Updates shortly.

10. slowwrx

Fate of the Bugeye yet to be detemined...until then work will continue on the 06...new thread.