Time Attack @Road Atlanta weekend of Aug 9-10

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by J_P, Aug 4, 2008.

1. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Anybody here planning on going to the time attack at Road Atlanta this weekend? Also, any idea why TopSpeed is not participating? I've been reading about these great TopSpeed adventures all over the country for the Redline Time Attack and I was really hoping to see you guys race (not sitting in a booth). I saw on a time attack forum where Doug said they aren't going to this. Anyway, anybody here going? Want to get something together?

2. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I REALLY WANT TO GO. I have not been to track event in a while.

I am game!

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Its a qualifier event, not a whole lot of media. Tires are really expensive and without a paying sponsor we strugle to just attend the events we do go to now. Basically we have made it our goal to attend all the redline events this year. So there is no point in risking the car the week before our redline event.

4. J_P

More than understandable, still disappointing. Guess I will have to just keep watching the TopSpeed adventures from here.

Anybody else want to get together for this? Just 1 person so far.

Talked to Road Atlanta and this is considered a "private club" event. According to the time attack forums we can just show up. Sounds like the event will be run by the Super Lap people, but I have no idea if it will cost anything to watch.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  5. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I really would like to go to this. It's really a matter of cost, seeing as gas would be an arm and a leg for me to get out there....so no cost to watch would be awesome. If we could do a meetup and a rollout from somewhere that would be cool too.

In short, tentatively count me in. :)

6. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

My interests are peaked, as well. Is this a spectator event or actually open to drive? More information would be greatly appreciated.

7. J_P

here is where I got my information from:
    http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/southeast/468-super-street-super-lap-battle-road-atlanta.html

http://www.superlapbattle.com/

Appears you can register if you want to race. I'm still trying to determine if there will be any charge for spectators. As far as Road Atlanta is concerned it's a private club event so it's not a spectator event. In the past I've never had an issue getting in to watch when it was a club. If the club isn't charging it would normally be free. I would really like to get in touch with somebody from Super Street Super Lap and verify we can watch for free before I tell everybody to show up.

8. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

^^^Keep us posted if you get a contact. I am down for watching. I will pay, but not looking to break the bank.

9. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Would Be A Fun Event To Watch. Ill Try To Make It Out

10. dontcallitarex

Any news on this?

11. J_P

None really. If the organizers aren't charging then we should be able to watch for free. That's provided we can get in of course. If somebody wants to run up friday and check and post up that would be really cool. If not, I;ll run up there on Saturday and see what's up. As soon as I find out I'll post it here. I can post from my cell phone so it might be early enough on Saturday for some to make it up.

12. dontcallitarex

I called. They said you have to sign up for like a temporary NASA membership to spectate. Its like 5 dollars, and thats pretty much your admission. I think thats a good deal....but I'm not gonna show up if nobody else is going.

SO WHO ELSE IS IN!?!!??!?! :)

13. J_P

I'm going to head up now(got caught on a work emergency) and get a membership and watch whatever is left today. Anybody want to meet up and go tomorrow (sun)? Discover Mills meeting point?

14. dontcallitarex

I'm heading out of town tomorrow. I didn't hear anything else from anyone so I just slept in.

15. OZrally

OZrally Member

Sorry for the late post guys but I'll be at RA tomorrow. I've been up here working but tomorrow I'll just be hanging out with a client of mine from organic racing. There are few other Subaru guys here I’m not good with names so don’t ask who. My car is in the shop right now but it’s still fun just to be in the racing atmosphere. So if anyone wants to meet up just let me know and I’ll pm you my # so you can call me when you get here.

BYOB for Sunday.

-Kelsey

16. J_P

I'm planning on getting there right after "quiet time" so around noon. Anybody that wants to head up around the same time we can meet at Discover Mills near Bass Pro Shops around 11:00am and leave around 11:15am.

17. OZrally

OZrally Member

OK cool man I plan on getting up there about the same time. If you want to flag me down I work for Stand21 so if you see Passat with Stand21 that's me.

-Kelsey

18. J_P

I'll look for you. From the sounds of it I might be standing in the discover mills parking lot by myself.

19. J_P

Didn't see anybody from wrxatl. Saw a few STis, a WRX, and a RS racing. This was actually a NASA event. It was $10 to get in at the gate and a NASA membership is $40 a year. The membership would get you in free. A lot of HPDE today. It was a good excuse to get out of the house.