To Wash or Not To Wash?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slpymnky, Apr 5, 2006.

1. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Ah! My car is filthy and it is really bothering me. I know that if I wash it, though, it'll be the same color yellow in 30 minutes. Is it worth it?

2. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

im questioning this too!
    i think i am going to wait. cuz i know the yellow is just going to come right back

3. flip

flip Member

I think i must be lucky because everyone is having massive pollen problems but i seem to stay pretty clear of it... I'm not sure if it's the blue that doesn't let you see it or if my daily routine just keeps me away from too many trees...

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

your lucky then flip cause my truck is covered in polen. i say let it stay till the day of our next meet. ;) lol

5. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

touchless car wash :) not worth the effort of ahnd washing during pollen season

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I just washed mine today just to see the polen return 15 minutes after i dried it off...sucks, i hate polen!!

7. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

or just wash and get a wally world car cover :)

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

now your thinkin, but the minute you take it off and your covered once again

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

my car is remaining yellow for another couple of weeks

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i wrote a nice big "fuck you horny bastards" in the pollen on top of the roof. just to let the trees know i'm thinking about em. ;)

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

that's funny monk.

you could just spray the car off with water so you don't have to go thru all the work of washing it. but it will just collect again after you finish. i washed mine on sunday, but it was needing a good washing. first bath since early fall.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The WRB definitely shows the Pollen well. I washed my car sunday and my car is now green. I did get a nice coat of wax on it, so the Pollen should wash off easily.

13. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I say wash it. I can get away with only washing my blue rex 1 to 2 times a week. That's because I bought one of those screened in tent-like shelters at Wal-Mart that I park under. I live right under some giagantic GA pines which produce enough pollen to feed a small country..... that is of course if small countries ate pollen. :D

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i didn't have enough time to wax, cause it started raining. so this sunday i plan on washing again... and clay bar and wax x2.

15. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

With a good coat of wax you should be able to just hose the pollen off. I love detailing my car so I've got no problem washing every week or two if I've got the means.

16. flip

flip Member

LOLOL! Ok i take it back about not having a polenated car. I guess i spoke a few minutes too soon. I just walked out and my car is now covered in pollen. Don't know how i avoided it until now but all the sudden it's horrible!!! I keep it nice and waxed tho so a little drive should blow it all off...

17. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I was havin the same problem I can't take anymore I'm washing it tomorrow cause it supposed to rain tonight.

18. Stizy04

Stizy04 Member

i would just spray it with the hose, unless it is extremely dirty.. i have just been spraying mine off every morning so that it does not build up so much pollen that my car turns to yellow...jmo..

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

it is?

20. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

nah put some clear plastic on the windscreen and some on the rear windscreen
    and some small pieces to see the mirrors
    tie down well and violA!

21. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Yah black shows the pollen really easily :(

[​IMG]

22. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah I don't miss having a black car during pollen season....

23. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah thats pretty bad...gotta love polen season.....not really

24. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hose off the pollen and wait till it rains...then give her a good washin.

25. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

so.. i got some gas the other day and there was a yellow handprint over my gas tank area and i wiped it off. i got some more gas today and there was another handprint on my car. it really cant be my print bc i dont close my tank door that way... WHO THE FREAK IS TOUCHING MY CAR LIKE THAT?! so weird...
    the yellow glow has got to go.

26. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I washed mine on sunday to then the wifey crash into it. hehehe.

Oh well.

27. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

car wash is not a bright idea if u know what i mean..

28. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

ever been to that place in georgia were you put your car in neutral and the ghosts of the kids push you over the railroad tracks:)

29. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

sccccccaaaaarrrrryyyyyy :eek:hnoes:

30. Deke

Deke Active Member

My car is filthy but not really that bad with pollen. I guess that's another perk to a parking garage.

And it's black.

31. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Ah ha! another benefit of having a yellow car... to bad my windows are tinted and ruins it :( I find that the best you can do is keep it clean and just hose it off as much as you can...

32. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

LOL

or drive faster an get them off that way
    or
    go off road and cover it with mud

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll wash mine before varsity

34. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

well my car having not moved in um a while