Tools

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Jul 1, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

What tools should a wrx/sti driver need/have in its box at all times? (I actually had a dream about this question fallin asleep on speed channel:keke:

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Go back to bed :)

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:rofl: ok...

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

2-3 rachets (make sure one has a small head), a good set of sockets (various sizes), a good set of wrenches (various sizes), a breaker bar, 4 jack stands, hydrolic jack, car ramps, can of wd40, can of pb blaster. A creeper (to roll underthe car) Those should get you through most installs.

5. Ayrton

Ayrton Member

I don't know, I just keep buying tools...

I am sure the MAC guy will tell me when to stop. :eek3:

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

10, 12, 14, 17, and 19 mm wrenches will get pretty much every bolt on these cars.

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

You beat me to it. If you are wanting to know what to carry in the car, I would start with what was mentioned above, plus a 3 and 6 inch extension as well as a spark plug socket and a set of pre gapped plugs... anything other than that call a tow truck.

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Exactly what I was lookin for Thanks!

I laughed so hard at that cause I had been postin for what like an hour or so at some crazy hour. Funny thing I did and have another dream about a g2g. and didnt sleep long.:)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  9. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

also get some with a lifetime warranty (craftsman, husky pro, etc), so if they break you can replace them easily and cheaply *cough*alexfixmywrenchyoubroke*cough*. But be careful, all Craftsman tools have a lifetime warranty except for torque wrenches which are only a year. get these at home depot because they're lifetime there.

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry bum :keke: