TopSpeed 07sti build - 604hp 533tq 93oct+meth

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I must say this has been a nutty week, so many high hp cars coming out of here.

This 2007sti was one we built here at the shop from the ground up. After the customer going through two different shops with little to no success he finally decided enough is enough and came to the best.

So we put together a complete ground up package for him. Including a fully built bottom end with our race heads and GSC cams. All topped off with an HTA86, and not to be forgotten was our TopSpeed fuel system that supports 750whp without even blinking. This along with the usual supporting mods and an AEM EMS tuned by yours truly.

Enough of the chit chat I will let the numbers speak for themselves.

503hp 425tq - Straight 93oct 22psi
    604hp 533tq - 93oct and custom twin nozzle meth kit 28psi

Casted Failure need not apply
    [​IMG]

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I can see why you are dumping that Dyno - worn out

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

The dyno has surely paid for itself and is still in perfect condition. But as of right now I have done 21,871 runs on it 8)

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That is awesome!

SO would you say that fuel system is innovative?

I would love to know more about this fuel system:)

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I wouldn't say innovative, as its pretty much common knowledge now a days how to build a fuel system. But it works and isn't overly complicated.. we can chat about it this weekend.

6. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

How long has the build taken to complete?

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

The customer brought us the car mid last year and had ordered a turbo kit from another shop that took foorrreeever to get here. But once we had everything in our hands it was done within a month even being short staffed at the time.

We finished it up end of last year before I left the country on vacation and I did a wastegate pressure (14psi) breakin tune which made the numbers below.

It wasn't until today that the customer came back from florida with enough miles on the build for me to turn it up.

[​IMG]

8. WJM

WJM Banned

Do I know this guy?

9. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Don't think so

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Casted Failure need not apply.....LOL

Doug I'm disappointed right now.....not to jack this thread but I switched back to draw thru to get ready for this trip and you tuning Saturday. Well I just drove it and it's knocking like a madman :mad:.

NOTHING has changed since the tune. Oh well just I'll be taking it easy. See you on Friday. Maybe this week can end with another nutty tune. You are also tuning my buddy Bryce at 11AM Saturday ;)

11. WJM

WJM Banned

^Just bring the conversion parts with you.

/thread jack.

12. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I am sure as long as nothing is wrong mechanically you will be good. Yes... this week has been extremely nutty... I tuned 7 cars so far this week, 3 made over 600whp, and 2 made over 575whp. All of them have been evo's or subaru's. I have two more today but don't think they will make much power.. But hopefully this weekend that will change :bigthumb:

13. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

Nice numbers Doug!

Alex's car, right? He spent so much time meticulously selecting every single part out and waited so long for everything to arrive. It looks like it came together nicely :)

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well I made it in one piece. See you tomorrow!

15. Doug@DBW Motorsports

be careful... I just drove into the shop... roads up here are all ice

16. integroid

Yeah, I will try and make it up there coolrex but no promises since the roads are so bad.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:rofl:

roads aren't that bad. I was having fun in the RE-11's!

18. Doug@DBW Motorsports

in an awd car... they aren't too bad. But I have worn out StarSpec on my sti.. and it was a bit fun but not what I would call dangerous

19. integroid

You guys havent seen my neighborhood:) I am just worried about getting out of my neighborhood. I have a VERY steep driveway and some steep hills.

20. Doug@DBW Motorsports

21. WJM

WJM Banned

No snow down here.

22. Doug@DBW Motorsports

This is Delette on Doug's SN. Any one have any Q16? If so PLEASE txt me and let me know! 843.283.7100

23. integroid

I will be up there in a few.

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well well add another 500+ Subaru to the list ;)

Topspeed FTW!