TopSpeed continues its winning streak: Dominating the "NC/SC DSM/SUBY SHOOTOUT"

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

November 15th, 2009

It all started with an early road trip leaving at 5am Sunday morning. Cicio and I loaded up in the TopSpeed GT2 and headed east. With a fresh cup of coffee our destination was Fayetteville Motorsports Park for the NC/SC DSM/EVO/SUBY Shootout.

We had set in plan three Goals for this days event.

1. Baseline our new Shop GT2 at the drag strip
    2. Data log and tweak the tune on the 2g Eclipse to finally break into the 8's
    3. Dominate and win the entire event.

The road trip there went off without one issue... except for the unexpected Z06 that we ran into on the way. Arriving at the track we found a long line of cars waiting to get in, and weather that was picture perfect. After a brief unpack... and by brief I mean the two back packs that will fit in the GT2 we went for a quick walk around the pits to check out the competition.

Some big names were there in Attendance so we knew the competition was going to fierce.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With our guns loaded we decided it was time to work on our goals for the day.

First up was to establish a baseline for TopSpeed's new GT2 Porsche. We made three passes, with each one getting faster and faster as we dialed in the tire pressure and launch.

Best pass of the day for the TopSpeed GT2 breaks down like this:

60ft -- 1.800
    330ft -- 5.127
    1/8et -- 7.790
    1/8mph -- 93.42mph
    1/4et -- 11.887
    1/4mph -- 120.02mph

With the TopSpeed GT2 baseline out of the way I buckled down an got to work on getting Mike's Eclipse down the track. Mike made 3 passes of the day with the final pass being an 8.86 @ 165mph. This pass however was not without its own beautifull story... as mid way through 4th gear the boost went a bit to high and hit the boost cut that was set. Pulling the data log from the 8.86 run shows that boost had fell off in 4th for about .5 seconds meaning this pass would have been mid 8's and almost 170mph.

With time running out we decided it would be best if we just packed it up and shoot for low 8's another day, since we had already secured the overall win and Mikes 8's pass. Thus killing two birds with one stone.

Here is the video from Mike's 8.86 @ 165mph run.. TopSpeed Tuned FTW!!

Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2izAlxAY8UY

[​IMG]

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks like a great event :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  3. Doug did leave out one little mundane detail....

After a fierce competition between him and I, I was the one who put the fast time on the board with the GT2...I edged him out by .054 tenths :banana:

He says that the ECU was learning since we were actually driving it hard, but I think its just cause she likes me better :)

I will give him that he was pulling logs and tweaking Mike's map all day in order to help him will the event.....I had the luxury of having one goal.....beat Doug's time in the Porsche

Great event, good people! Great to see everyone out running there cars and having fun!

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

nothing but pure bad-ass!

Congrats to both TopSpeed and Mike.

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

6. Doug@DBW Motorsports

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

great times for both cars!

8. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

I'm really happy for Mike. For those who don't know. You can't imagine the kind of dedication he has had to his car, and racing. He has been through hell and back. I'm so happy to see it come together.

9. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

The pic of the GT2 launching is so sick! Congrats on the times.

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Thanks... it will be interesting to see what we can get outa her when I custom tune it.. I am thinking low 11's maybe even a 10 if I run some 100oct :sx:

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Shoot Doug that car is dying for some good stiff suspension! 1.8 on a RWD car with street tires is dang good! If I was there I wouldv'e been begging you to let me take it for a rip with you constantly saying NO.....NO.....NO.....dang it Delette SHUT UP! :dirty:

12. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

congrats guys

-Ming

13. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Nice job guys! What all is he running on that DSM?

14. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

What the fuck? :rofl:

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

That reminds me of this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

mmtasty that is Howard from ARFab's drag car. It's a built EJ205 (YES 2.0L) with GT42R and has already cracked 730 whp @ 33 psi on the dyno. From what Robbie told me on the phone he had some issues.

Also that car is just a test bed. The real drag car that that motor package and setup is going into is currently being fabbed and built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hWpv6_cu4E&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009