Topspeed Custom Exhaust Cutout and Tune

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by xerxesXXVII, Dec 8, 2009.

1. xerxesXXVII

xerxesXXVII Member

Let me start by saying TOPSPEED FTMFW!!!! This is truly a great shop run by great people!

Headed up to Topspeed yesterday to get a boost actuated cutout and a tune to finalize my stage 2 upgrades. Of course my car couldn't let Doug escape without a few headaches (my radiator was shot and I forgot my studs for the uppipe they were installing as well). Due to these setbacks it took a little longer than expected to get my car dyno ready. It wasn't looking too great for my tune to happen, but Doug and Cicio stayed until at least 10pm (that's when I left anyhow!) to get my car done and make sure I was happy- including getting me lunch.

The cutout is freakin awesome! It works flawlessly and is currently using a 12psi actuator to open the cutout. Absolutely no leaks! The car is as silent as it was when it rolled of the factory line- until boost hits 12psi-then children cry and elderly people start wetting themselves!

Here's the dyno results: HP=241.2 TQ=265.96
    Stock turbo
    Cobb APv2
    Catless UP
    3" divorced DP with TS custom cutout
    No name TMIC (ebay?)
    KN filter

I wanted to post my Dyno up, but apparently I am experiencing technical difficulties. If I can get things working I will add the dyno pics later, unless Doug beats me to it!

Thanks for everything Topspeed!:beer: Cheers!:bigthumb:

2. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Congrats!

3. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

sweet... i would like to see a video of a drive by with it opening and closing!

4. xerxesXXVII

xerxesXXVII Member

Me too. Aside from the dyno and being in the car, I really want to see what it is like from outside the car. I will try to get a vid as soon as I can.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  5. red98lude

red98lude Member

Nice numbers. What year WRX (2.0 or 2.5)?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  6. xerxesXXVII

xerxesXXVII Member

04 wrx 2.0 with 103k

7. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

thats some good numbers for the few mods you have! congrats

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

Custom cutout...that sounds nice.

Doug...we need to talk in the next month or two.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:rofl:

10. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Sound clip!! Lol

11. The cutout thing is awesome....totally boost actuated...drive around like a stock or mildly modded car and then as soon as the boost roles on the thing sounds like its going to tear your face off!

I can't wait tell we have some time and I can make Doug do one on my car!