TopSpeed Inc.... We're still here!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Hey all,

As many of you know, Decker, Scott, Jason and Shawn will be leaving TopSpeed to pursue a career with another shop. While we wish them all the best of luck, we wanted to take this time to clarify a few things.

1. We are STILL OPEN!!! Although many of you have been told we would be closing, you were ill informed. Some may remember when I first started TopSpeed that for the first two years it was a one man show in the back. I developed, tested, built, and tuned all of TopSpeed's current packages that we have today that are known to work so well. I was also responsible for developing and tuning our TimeAttack car that went on to win the Overall Awd Championship in 2008. So while I am now going to be much more busy here at the shop, we will continue to put out top notch if not better results than before. We will still be here to provide assistance and help with all your current and future projects. Eventually we may be looking into hiring new techs, but this is all still shockingly new to us and we have to see where the road takes us first.

2. There is a positive side to all for this. As for TopSpeed, less employees means less overhead, which is then reflected in the price you pay. As for Siegel, Shawn, Decker, and Jason, to them this is their best option for advancement and we wish them all the best of luck with future endeavors. We loved working with all of them and are sad to see them go, but happy for their new beginnings. There are no hard feeling on our end and we hope that it is mutual on their end.

3. As far as a reason for leaving, we should all remember that everyone's personal decisions in life are just that, personal and private. We would ask that you respect their personal business as well as the fact that TopSpeed cannot fully comment on the situation because of employer/employee confidentiality. TopSpeed is not a publicly traded firm and is privately held so any business is just that, private and confidential and we would expect every and all employees (past or present) to respect that aspect of business.

I am sure by now most are asking... so what does this mean for me?

Our new Tuning rate for all cars is going to be $150 for the first hour and then $100 for each additional hour.

Secondly if you and a buddy schedule for tuning the same day the rate for tuning drops to just $100 for the first hour as well as $100 each additional hour for tuning.

This new rate now makes quality tuning affordable for everyone.

Along with the new tuning rates we are going to extend a 10% discount off our current $89.99 labor rate until the end of the year for anyone needing labor done.

As a side note: We love this community. We are not going to go anywhere and will continue to strive to make it in this industry. Everyone has or will have their glory story and when the going gets tough, the tough hang in there.

Thanks for everyones support,

Douglas Wilks
    TopSpeed Inc.
    678-297-7770

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

*Applaud! Very well put Doug.

I have every bit of confidence that you will succeed! After all you started with absolutely nothing. Keep your head up brother ;)

BTW the built engine is quiet as it can be :)

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I have no doubt.. Good to hear about your motor, gimme a shout if you need a hand getting that thing to make some power on the dyno ;)

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

Good luck Doug and crew!

5. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Very professionally put! *golf clap*

6. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

well said Doug. glad to see everyone can move foward.

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've been a fan of Topspeed since the first open house wayyy back when Doug still had a 04 STI (or was it an 05?)

Good for you for your commitment to the community. I know you'll continue to do well.

8. xerxesXXVII

xerxesXXVII Member

Doug and Topspeed FTW! BTW, I'll see you guys in a few weeks for a tune on my new project:bigthumb:

9. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Thanks guys... we try ;)

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have to stress that these new tuning rates are INSANELY low. Especially since I've never seen a tune that took Doug more than 2 - 3 hrs and if it's a VERY common setup 1 - 1.5 hrs.

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

this is good news...I can leave the TopSpeed decal on my back window.

12. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'm sure that you will continue to thrive Doug. I had a couple of people ask me if I thought you would make it without the crew there to which I quickly responded, "I don't see why not he did it before they were there".

I look forward to watching you continue to build some of the fastest Subarus around.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Best of luck!

We :hug: you all too.

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I need stickas!

15. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Good to hear everyone is parting ways on a good note. Best of luck to everyone.

16. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

If we were wanting to still work with Scott on the tuning side of things, what are our options?

17. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

You would need to go to Forged.

18. Doug@DBW Motorsports

You would need to call Forged and talk with them about having Scott tune your car.. iirc forgeds tuning rates are around $180 an hour.

19. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

Wow. This is all news to me, but I'm always out of the loop.

Glad to hear the shop is going to stay. Scott tuned mine and did a fine job, but I'll be glad to let Doug have at it for my next tune as well. :) My broke ass is always up for some grade A tuning at a nice price.

Good luck with everything!

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

FYI Doug only one piston was the culprit. I nicked the mess out of the bottom oil rings as I installed them the old school way by squeezing them in. Also somehow the top two compression rings got lined up. From everyone I was talking to (Ron @ Raw, etc) many cold start attempts will cause the piston to bounce around. I couldn't get the car to start so that may have been what happened.

Regardless since I trimmed all the oil rings I replaced them all. Starting the car back up this weekend I hope. But like I said, when it was running I hardly heard any slap except for maybe the first 3 seconds. Hoping this will all work out well.:wiggle:

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Just give me a call when your ready.. I will take care of you.

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Bump.....majority of all the big horsepower Subies in the area were built and/or tuned by Doug/Topspeed. All the packages that 'work' and are out of the normal from typical packages were single handly developed and designed by Doug.

Prime example.....my car before and upcoming ;)