TopSpeed needs an STi with Green, HTA68, or Dom 3 for Prosport header testing

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by siegelracing, Jul 27, 2009.

1. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We have decided to do what should be a "definitive" header test. In our opinion there has not been a properly controlled, back-to-back, "scientific lab type" testing done of any aftermarket headers. We will be testing the new very good-looking Prosport headers against the stock headers. Unlike most dyno tests that do one, or very few before and after pulls, we'll be doing at least 6 "final tune" pulls on the stock headers, then immediately swap to the Prosport headers and do at least another 6. I'm going to test them on my 2.0 with the VF-43 and we'd also like to test an STi with a Green, HTA68 or Dom 3.

For those that have carefully watched a Subaru on a dyno, they may have seen how it can vary quite a bit from run to run. With no changes to the tune a Subaru will often be up to 10whp apart from run to run for up to 3 runs in a row. Usually the next 3 runs will be quite close together. We wil make sure that we have at least 3 runs in a row that are within 1% of each other before we call it "definitively" what the car will make on that setup.

So, for the STi with the Green, HTA68, or Dom 3, we will be offering some incentives ;) :

If it's a car that we already tuned there will be no additional charge for DYNO* tuning done that day. We will make the 6 runs on the dyno, swap the header for free and do the next 6 runs. If you like the results you can pay a discounted labor rate, discounted parts cost, and discounted tuning for the road tuning required to make sure it's great (should be between a half hour and an hour). If you don't like the results, we will reinstall your headers for free. - So basically, if you don't like the results, you don't pay anything, if you do like the results, you will get heavily discounted labor, parts and tuning.

If it's a car that we have not tuned before, you will get discounted tuning (but not free), and have the same offer of keeping the headers at the heavy discounts if you like them, or having us reinstall the stock headers at no charge.

If you have any questions please feel free to post, PM, or call us.

It's these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://prosportgauges.com/subaru-wrx-header.aspx

Thanks,
    Siegel

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted

are these basically the uel 3bolt headers?

3. siegelracing

4. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

PM sent

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Scott you should contact Techlord and get a nice test on a properly modded 2.0L ;)

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

He'd have to get a clutch first ;)

7. siegelracing

Y'all, we still need a stock header and UP STi (or any 2.5 with AVCS) with a Green, HTA68, or Dom 3...

Siegel

8. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

is the prosport header unequal length? i've been also looking at the gruppe-s headers

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes they are unequal lengths.

10. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

Too bad they have the 3 bolt flange. I'd let you test them on a 35r. ;)

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I would get the prosport over the Gruppe-S headers if you want to make power.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Agreed.