Topspeed tune by Doug@Topspeed

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Cool_____, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Doug did a killer job on my WRX. I've been having intermittant issues for over a year now and it all boiled down to a coilpack that was randomly misfiring but not throwing a CEL and Doug caught it. Replaced it and voila the car came to life again.

Retuned it for the new BCS, EWG, and bigger methanol jet and made some great power. Before I had 358hp on SOG's insanely high reading dyno which probably equalled 320 ish hp on Topspeed's dyno. Now I'm hitting 343 hp and holding it much stronger than before. This is equal to 380ish on SOG's old dyno.

Needless to say I'm very very very happy with the car and how it pulls. It's stronger than it has EVER been and I may just make a special trip to the strip for a run or two. Doug thanks for your time and effort and putting up with my million questions.

Now to focus on getting the 2.5L goodness ready :devil:

2. schneid

schneid Member

thats great news

are you using the generic BCS ?
    38mm EWG right?

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm using the Grainger BCS. 44mm EWG only.....38mm EWG's can die in a fire.....

4. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

Vband FTW!

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's the dyno sheet.

[​IMG]

Heh this car is such a blast.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's my sheet compared to Daniel's Evo3 16g.

Look at how much more I'm making mid range to topend....whopping 40 hp and tq almost!

I pulled him a good 2 car lengths easily. Everyone was like WOAH Coolrex is STRONG!

[​IMG]