TopSpeed's Monthly Last Saturday Meet!

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Jan 6, 2010.

1. We here at TopSpeed have decided its time to pay a little appreciation to our customers and to the community as a whole. We greatly appreciate all you guys have done to help us become the shop we are today, and its time to give back a little.

So, The last Saturday of every month from here on out we will be closing our doors for business, directing the phones to voice mail, and just hanging out.

We will do our best to make this a fun time for everyone that decides to come out. I will be breaking out the grill and will have FREE food for everyone that comes, along with free drinks (of the non-alcoholic nature :) ) We will also be giving away free dyno pulls to 10 people via a draw of the hat or pick of straws. We will not be doing the dyno pulls that day however. The reason for the meet is to get to know everyone, tell stores, lie a little :) and simply get back to the roots of what we are all about....Enthusiasts who have a passion for motorsports!

Absolutely EVERYONE is invited, there will be no discriminating against shops or people of any kind. There will be door prizes such as TopSpeed stickers, TopSpeed t-shirts and more. If your a gear head your in, and will be respected as a fellow car enthusiast. This is a chance to meet new people, catch up with old friends, see what everyone is doing to their cars, get new ideas...ect.

The Meet details are as follows

Where: TopSpeed Inc. Alpharetta, GA
    Date: The last Saturday of EVERY month (as long as we aren't racing)
    Time: Starting at 2pm until everyone is ready to go home.
    What to bring: You and your car
    Who to bring: Anyone and everyone, friends, girlfriends, wives...if you have both leave one at home ;)

I really hope to see you guys here, this will be a great time, no sales, no preasure, nothing but enthusiasts broing down!

PM me or reply to this post with any questions, comments or suggestions! This is an appreciation meet, so if there is anything you guys would like to do, or see while your here just let me know and I will try my darndest to make it happen.

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Fucking nice guys

3. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I like this idea Im in

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Well that blows...I will be out of town the last Saturday of this month. Maybe I will catch yall next month:(

This is an awesome idea btw!

5. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Good idea guys!

6. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Sounds fun. Maybe I will be in ATL one of those Saturdays.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

SWEET! I may make a weekend trip down in Feb. We'll see.

8. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

LOL... at you guys new sigs.. man alot changes when I go without any interweb..

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hey where's Weapon's reply....freaking mod ninja editing his own posts. No band wagon. Just me showing up and seeing some good old friends.....whomever that may be.

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Everyone is more then welcome to drink whatever.. but if you guys want beer or liquor bring it yourself.

11. Yeah that....or just follow Doug in his office when he says he needs more "coffee" ;)

12. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I have seen the "sugar" that goes in said coffee. I'll try to make it out to these when possible.

13. Awesome Mike, its always good to see you guys.

14. Ok so for our first meet I have decided to invest in a few things so that we can all watch the Grand-Am 24hr @ Daytona in the shop at TopSpeed! I will be purchasing a projector, and the necessary hookups so that we can all chill and have the race on!

The race starts at 3pm on Saturday the 30th of Jan, so its perfect timing for the meet! This is going to be a good time, we look forward to seeing you guys!

http://www.grand-am.com/

15. slowwrx

Sweet

16. So yeah...someone bring liquor :rofl:

17. slowwrx

Did you get the projector yet

18. No, still looking, but I have a line on a few....why? got a hook up?

19. Would love to come and meet everyone, I am going snowboarding and going to attempt to teach the wifey!

20. xerxesXXVII

xerxesXXVII Member

AAArgh! I'll be in Eastover, SC at schoolz for teh army. Maybe next month...(story of my life)

21. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Well, a week away, should be a good time. Maybe this should be moved to the GTG section so more people that are looking for a GtG see it.

22. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Sorry guys, I will be out of town next weekend.

I will see the TopSpeed crew on Monday following for my tune:)

23. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

nice... i will have to make it out to this soon.

24. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I am going to try to bring some adult beverages for those that are of age from my personal stash. Probably nothing out of this world, but some refreshments to share.

25. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have a good projector and screen I could bring.

26. tolnep

tolnep Member

make that saturday a discount dyno day... for x dollars you can get a couple of dyno runs..

make a little money whilst you're at it..

27. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Sweet... gimme a ring here at the shop when you get a chance.

28. If it snows we are going to make bets on who is going to hit Doug's boat first while doing donuts in the parking lot :)

Who all is coming up?

29. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I should be able to come hang out.

30. slowwrx

Ill be there for sure....I'm brining cake

31. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Hope its not that yellow cake... if so don't drop that ish.. haha

32. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I'll probably show up. I want some of slowwrx's cake

33. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Yay for cake Im in!

34. slowwrx

The bitches love my cake

35. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Whoa... slow down son

36. slowwrx

37. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I really, really want to come to this for above mentioned cake. damn you work.

38. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

So has this been renamed to the cake meet? Better than cake meat I guess... I'm going to try and stop by.

39. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Im sick otherwise i was planning to show and maybe ask for a ride on the 135i

40. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Well got quite a few beverages. Should have 15+ people covered....depending on tolerances. Or 2 if it is Nicad and Drew.

41. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I can't come so drew can have it all.

what kind of liquor is it?

42. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

lol ninja edit

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

MMMMMMMmmmm cake. I wish I can be there. Install I'm going to a Subie meet in Columbia and helping a guy do a clutch job. Have fun and take tons of pics!

44. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I will stop by.....

45. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Firefly and 3 kinds of beer.

46. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I think Breel is bringing some refreshments as well...although he may keep it to himself!

47. Doug@DBW Motorsports

awesome... everything here is ready. Last night we had them come and hook up some cable here at the shop so we can watch the 24hr in HD.. oh yeah.. its going to be a good time for sure.

48. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Right on. Hopefully with the majority of people with AWD cars the weather will not be a factor :)

49. WJM

WJM Banned

I would be AT the 24...but, I am here working since i have 2 engines to get out of the door today.

one of them is not going to happen since the machine shop screwed up a set of heads. :mad:

50. Big screen is up! Race is on! Let the good times roll!