Transmission install

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Heres a few pics of us installing my transmission today....I will never do this again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sorry if ive fallen out of the loop but did u break some gears?

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

details please..what happened to your last one?? what tranny did u put in? why would you not do it again? ...tips for those that would be interested! ....problems that happened?!

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ps..i would be scared if i was one of the people undernieth the car with others sitting on top of it :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I've pulled the tranny on my dad's old 67 Plymouth but am afraid to tackle the AWD trannies.

6. Well i had some problems with the stock one and i took it to the dealer here to fix it well 5 days after it blew up. and of course i was told i abused my car and it wont be covered. So i ordered a RA tranny from gruppe-s but somehow they lost it so i had to find a used one and thats what i was installing. Its not that its hard its just a pain in the ass its not like the honda i use to work on.but now i got to go through all the bolts i got from the dealer when they gave me my tranny in 4 boxes and figure out what goes to the I/C and everything else. Its just a pain in the ass is all i mean if i had a lift it would of been much much eaiser. but no lift just jacks and jack stands.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

fedex lost my dp when i ordered it from gruppe-s... supposedly this happens a lot when ordering from gruppe-s... however they took care of me and sent a replacement