Truly Pathetic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Who are you going to be voting for?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2009.
  1. McCain

27 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Obama

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. No Answer/Other

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Here is further proof that their ALL the media (with a very few exceptions) is in the tank for Barack.

Barack's cover of US:
    [​IMG]
    Sara Palin's cover of US:
    [​IMG]

I sure hope all americans will recognize that they are about to be bamboozled (sp?)

Thats all folks!

2. Kris

Kris Member

Oh how the media shapes soooo many people's lives. It's seriously ridiculous how biased the media is.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

as long as they are on the side you are ;)

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

we should make a voting thread. Curious to see where everyone elses views lie. I am 100 percent that Barack is probably not the best choice for the presidency but I'm simply not voting for john McCain. I would have 4 years ago but seeing as how the war in Iraq is, and the economy is in the shitter I seriously don't think McCain can or will change enough

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

But brotha we need you think the lesser of 2 evils. I was not particularly a McCain supporter but am glad he has seen the light on getting fucking oil out of the ground although he does not want to in alaska but Sara does.

My biggest problem is nuclear warfare which WILL be a part of our near future followed closely by the selection of supreme court placements. I mean amsterdam is a great place to visit but I would simply rather not live in it.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

eh it goes both ways. they play fox news at work constantly and that shit is LOLtastic

there's a reason that the majority of the military is voting democrat this go around.

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

proof?

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

McCain already has alzheimers and the idea of Sarah as POTUS scares me more.

9. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Maybe on NASIOC, but we're all pretty much red around here. This is the South.... (thank goodness...).

I don't know about you guys, but I physically do WORK ~70 hours a week and concept for it at least another 20. Add in my daily life (money, marriage!!!, other stuff) and I can't afford to begin to think about how depressing my country's government is. I have a higher blood pressure than a 60 y/o 300# man as it is. I literally get random nose bleeds...

I won't let myself think about it. It's too stupid.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Im blue.

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I'll make a new thread about this, that everyone can have a open discussion....

and I'll merge this thread with the new one I just made....

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Obama vs. McCain For President 2008

Poll is above.

[​IMG]

This is a open discussion thread, feel free to say what you think, but keep it within the rules of the forum..

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

sexy

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have to say its better than the original.

[​IMG]

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I dare say that Ga will probably go "Blue" this time because of Bob Barr being the Libertarian candidate. He only needs to get about 4-5% to screw it up for McCain.

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

Is that real? Haha, that's a vice president I can get behind...or under. Giggity.

But seriously, I still haven't done enough research on both of the candidates. Basically, as far as foreign policy and affairs, I feel like Obama is the way to go. The world in general hates us (trust me, I was in Europe all summer). This didn't used to be the case. If Obama can get thousands of Germans to wave the American flag, awesome, we need that if we're going to continue to try to hold such a major stake in international affairs.

Outside of that though, I still have a lot of personal research to do. I'm going to have to weigh the pros and more so the cons of each candidate to see which pisses me off less. And after that, hell, I might end up voting independent.

So no vote from me yet.

18. techlord

techlord Active Member

very true

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

Aww shucks. Palin's still a hotty though.

20. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Who cares what people that don't live here think? They don't have to deal with it. Obama would truly be horrible, and McCain would be almost as bad.

The people that change OUR lives are the smaller people like Shirley Franklin and her band of idiot thugs... But yet, we never think to pay attention to those elections... :hsnono:

21. Deke

Deke Active Member

As involved as we are in world politics we need to care. I'm all for the US not trying to get in everyone's business and just worry about what's going on back here (Ron Paul ftw), but that's definitely not the case, nor is it going to be the case with either candidate. World politics plays a huge part in our economy.

22. jeb

jeb Member

I agree completely. Local politicians generally have a far greater effect on your life and no one really pays much attention to them. I hate politics all together generally though, its so hard to find real information and the media coverage of it is worse than baseball. I'll be voting for Obama though as I agree with more of his positions that McCain. I just hate that their are not more candidates. I really like some of McCain's energy policy but I agree with more of Obama's other stuff. Does anyone else find it really hard to talk to their friends about politics since most people tend to conform to everything one candidate or the other does?

23. '05limited

'05limited Member

universal healthcare = epic fail

out

24. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Maybe. But the money spent on the war definately = epic fail.

25. Deke

Deke Active Member

Absofuckinglutely.

I can talk to my friends at Tech about politics generally. But almost all of my high school friends (I'm still really close with a lot of them) are just straight republican voters. As in, it probably wouldn't matter what either candidate stood for, they'd vote republican. And that's why I never bring up politics with most of them (and I definitely lean republican), because it just makes me depressed.

26. Kris

Kris Member

Yup. All of my friends have the "my viewpoint is right, you're wrong, end of story" thing going on. Plus the majority of them can't back up their viewpoints and argument. It's a waste of time, in all honesty, when they want to argue that one candidate is better than the other when they're not even sure what either candidate stands for, they just like the ideas the media has fed to them about one.

27. techlord

techlord Active Member

with any luck Iraq will pay us back

28. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

They have a 80 bn $ surplus, dont see any of it.

29. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Member

30. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Baleeted.

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

did you get those talking points from sean hannity?

honestly if you are relying on CABLE NEWS to get information about candidates, don't even bother fucking voting because you are as ill informed as one can get.

32. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

teehee

33. Deke

Deke Active Member

Sweet jesus. Palin is scaring me.

...but I'd still do her.

34. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I would devastate her very existence.

35. Deke

Deke Active Member

I would single handedly push the women's rights movement back 40 years with her.

36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Here are 16 reasons WHY palin is a fucking idiot.

http://www.who-sucks.com/people/13-reasons-why-sarah-palin-sucks

1. A poor record: Her only political experience has been a few years as mayor of a small town in Alaska and less than two years as governor of that state. Her record wasn’t so great: the small town she left behind is now in financial ruin.
    2. She has no experience with national level politics. At the time of this posting, many of her views on national policy issues were unknown simply because she is so inexperienced that she hasn’t even made public statements about them. Presidential history scholars believe she may be “the most inexperienced person on a major party ticket in modern history.”
    3. She has no foreign policy experience. None.
    4. Iraq War? Our country is in the midst of a war, and Palin’s son is going to fight in that war. However, Salon.com reports that she hasn’t even given much thought to the Iraq War, and has no clear opinions about it. Great.
    5. She is a creationist, and she wants “creation science” to be taught in public schools.
    6. She doesn’t believe in man-made global warming. Maybe that’s why she supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?
    7. Not only does she think the government should be telling people who they can and cannot marry, she also thinks that same sex couples should be denied benefits given to straight couples.
    8. Palin has been accused of abusing her power as Alaska governor to try to get her ex-brother-in-law fired as a state trooper. An investigation is underway.
    9. She has messed up views on wildlife protection. Environmentalists are appalled by her support of a $150-per-wolf bounty program. She’s also supported the use of government money to educate people about how great it is to shoot bears and wolves, and she doesn’t want the polar bear to make it onto the endangered species list.
    10. One nation, under stupidity: When defending the phrase “one nation under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance, Palin said, “If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.” Reality check: The Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892, long after the founding fathers died. The phrase “one nation under God” was added in 1954….
    11. Anti-birth control nutcase- Not only does Palin oppose abortion in all cases, she also opposes the use of birth control in all cases. That includes married couples that want to use condoms or the pill!
    12. Politicizing non-political jobs: When she was mayor of small town in Alaska, Palin abused her authority by firing city employees that did not fully support her reelection campaign.
    13. She can’t even manage her own family - rumors have given way to an admission from Palin that her teenage daughter is pregnant, and will be having a shotgun marriage to the guy that knocked her up. That’s what abstinence-only education gets you.
    14. Ninja editing: Her Wikipedia entry needed to be cleaned up before the public announcement that she was McCain’s VP pick.
    15. She has no clue about the role of the Vice President.
    16. It is quite clear she was chosen just because of her gender (most Republicans have never even heard of her), and she’s being used as a trick by the McCain campaign to gain some of Hillary Clinton’s supporters.

WTF THE END

37. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

honestly, just stupid.

38. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Member

Nope, I don't listen to Sean Hannity. I can do my own research.

Please share where you receive all of your factual information about candidates.

39. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^I am waiting too.
    just tried to gather Barack's voting record I stopped counting at 150 NO VOTES a simple yea/nay will do and still had 1/2 the page to go this is both in the state legislature and the senate.
    <p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    who is this source, cannot find the owner/supporter. ?George Sorros, Money Mathers, Michael Moore?

40. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I had all of these points commented on, but deleted them because who gives a shit? It's all a ploy to get back into the Republican spotlight because his views are mostly Democratic (Communist), and grab some hillary voters on the way.

If you believe these points are 100% factual, then you're a sucker. Even still, if this is the worst they can find then it's not that bad for a VP. There's a list like this for everyone.

41. Kris

Kris Member

42. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

as a veteran, I can't vote for McCain. his policies and voting record for veterans and military benefits is abysmal. you'd figure a man like him would have a little sympathy given his past. also, just because you were a POW doesn't mean you're supposed to be a president. just give it a rest already.

and for Obama, well. his flip flop on FISA sold the deal for me. shitting on the constitution doesn't sit well with me.

so to hell with them both.

anyway, this thread is turning into a train wreck. I knew it was going to be a bad idea :unamused:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  43. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Bob Barr...i guess.

44. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

whoa whoa whoa

did you just call out HER experience, in relation to Obama?:rofl:

45. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yes, i did

46. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Alot of them actually have some backing ;)

47. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

considering that was the whole basis for the republican attacks on Obama, I think it's pretty fucking relevant, Brett. they spent MONTHS harping on his lack of experience and then pick her among a multitude of other candidates. the hypocrisy is hilarious and completely expected, however.

the confusing thing is, mccain and obama have exactly the same experience (US Senator) and MANY presidents past have had the same experience and it is in no way an indicator of presidential performance. it was merely a talking point and an angle of attack for the right. the whole notion of having the requisite 'experience' to be POTUS was purely manufactured for this election cycle. there is nothing on earth that will prepare you for it and trying to say that X makes a person more suitable than Y is an exercise in futility and purely meant to scare the base.

48. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Ah nicard, you put in to words what i dont have time to type..lol

49. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I'm green.....

green, sick and puking over the rancid choices I have to choose between.

I say I'm independent only because I don't believe the career politicians are really any different regardless of the party banner they wave. I want some real people not the best marketing research can dish up. I can dream right?

50. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It really sucks that voting comes down to a turd sandwich or a giant douche every 4 fucking years. picking the lesser of two evils should not be an acceptable practice