turbo malfuction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by anxiousdohc, Oct 5, 2006.

1. anxiousdohc

anxiousdohc New Member

After I had replaced by FORGE bypassvalve with the stock BOV, the turbo stopped working period....I have a factory boost gauge and the niddle is resting at zero.....<~~ the gauge seems right b/c I couldn't feel the turbo kicking in.....

what could it be??

I appreciate your help.....

2. Any weird sounds? Did you put the hose back up to the bottom of the BPV? Is the boost guage still plugged in?

3. anxiousdohc

anxiousdohc New Member

yea everything is plugged in the way its suppose to be....no weird noises either

4. Put the ohter BOV back on and see if that fixes the problem....ITs hard to say what it could be cause ive never heard of the turbo to just stop working

5. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

factry unit could be like mine and recirculating all the time...mine was a slight leak. Could be a major leak. Turbo could be spooling just fine but all boost being recirculated.

6. Just thought about that on my way to a BReathing problem call...Maybe for some reason the BPV is stuck open.

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

even if BPV is stuck open the gauge should still move

8. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

do you have a way to verify the gauge is still good?

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

hope this is not the case
    Is it possible the EGT broke and dislodge into turbo and jam it ? = no spool = no psi

Even if wastegate is wide open there should be some psi

Gauge broke or disconnected = no needle movement
    It should have at least vacuum if no boost

to test it its easy take gauge out and bicycle hand pump
    ot place finger on vac line and see if you can feel vac or psi

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

it may be best, as well as the best option, to take it SoG (or service center of your choice) and have them look at it. You could be looking at some serious problems.

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

the stock boost gauge also reads vacuum. is it always at zero? when you are at idle it should read at approximately -0.5 mpa. if it is always at zero your boost gauge is not connected properly or is broken or you could have a more serious problem. How does the car run? Have you tried to reset the ECU?

12. gte123v

gte123v Member

just disconnect the boost gauge hose and blow into it with you mouth, if it's not moving, it's broken.

13. anxiousdohc

anxiousdohc New Member

thanks for the help....

I've took care of the problem...yea I had to replace the boost gague hose......

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

sweet..nice cheap fix! i am glad it wasnt something more serious

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

word, well done :D