Turbo Timer not working...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Suby1128, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

A couple of months ago my Turbo Timer stopped reading boost, just stopped. It still works fine, only the boost stays at 0 constantly, and I know that my car is still boosting :rolleyes: . Does anybody know what could be wrong with it?

Also, I think it may have been tapped into the wrong hose originally, because the max it will read is around .84 Kpa's, which is only a little over 12 Psi, and I was told stock boost is around 14?

Maybe my boost is messed up.
    Craig

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

not sure whats wrong... but if i remember correctly, most of our cars read around 13psi on dyno day

3. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

ok so my boost is ok, now I just need to find out why my damned timer won't read

4. ARTbluSubaru

ARTbluSubaru New Member

You may be right about being tapped into the wrong vacuum line. The peak boost I have gotten to register on my boost gauge was 1.07 hkPa with stock turbos. It sounds like the tap may have just come loose. If it wasn't securely installed in the first place that would also explain why you aren't registering as high a boost pressure. I could show you my set up sometime if you're interested or if you think it would help.