Turbo timer question

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by jonnyboy0150, Mar 13, 2005.

1. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I just got an hks turbo timer and installed it yesterday. Everything works fine but i have a question. When the car is timing down and i get out and everything, i cant set the alarm until the car shuts off. It is the factory alarm by the way. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if there might be a fix for it. If not i guess ill just have to deal with it. Also how did you guys mount the timer??? i just kinda stuck it to the pass. side of the console but i would like a way to mount it more clean.

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

If you go to ScoobyMods and do a search around you will find a fix so it allows you to turn on the alarm while it's on. Requires splicing a few wires if I remember, was going to do it but didn't want to mess up. Good luck.
    Craig

3. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

i did the mod and it works, only problem is that the vibration sensor doesnt engage when the alarm is set (while timing down). probably something to do with the fact that the car is still running. do you know if there something to make this work???

4. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I think that it would not set, because the vibrations of the engine would set it off because it is very sensitive. I doubt there is a way to fix it. Sorry
    Craig

5. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

yeah i think theres some kinda fix involving a relay but im not too sure, its not really that big of a deal tho, the horn blows now and the doors still lock. thanks for the link tho man!

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

ask scott at SOG he probably knows what to do?