Turbo's

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by subieblu07, Jul 7, 2008.

1. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

i got one more question as well on top of the ic question when i plan on going to a larger turbo on my 07 wrx what is a good turbo to go with that i can run without changing all the engine internals but can still get good power from? and if i decide to change the internals down the road can be cranked up to create more power is this able to be done..lol?..

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

I believe you should change injectors and fuel pump as well. I would talk to BatlGround or TopSpeed ;)

3. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Stock internals go 450whp pretty often... for that you need turbo, injectors, intercooler, fuel pump, bov, boost control, full exhaust, etc. Your car should easily do a vf-39,30,34,43 etc with no changes other than exhaust and tuning.

How fast do you want to go / how much do you want to spend? ;)

Siegel

4. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

yeah, well how much power have you seen pulled out of a vf-39 safely??..and also which would you prefer top mount or front mount for a vf-39??

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  5. siegelracing

A vf-39 with appropriate mods should make 320-340 wlb-ft and 290-310 whp... I would do a big TMIC on it - an STi tmic's not bad, but any of the name brand big tmic's - Perrin, APS, TXS, Hyperflow, etc would be a nice 10whp gain...

Siegel

6. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

would you need fuel pump and injectors..etc for 310?..or just the turbo tune and tbe?

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

just exhaust and a tune. you do not need to change injectors or fp for any vf series turbo

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I just did the pump and changes the spark plugs, and my VF34 put down pretty good numbers 300whp 340wtq on MY07....just something to think about....

9. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

sorry im new to the car scene used to have a jeep so all i know is off road performance lol but do all the vf series bolt up and also is there any other turbos that will fit without changing everything around that may bring in a little more than the vf39 im really trying to bring in about 400 by the end??

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  10. Weapon

no worries. we all gotta start somewhere. yes all the vf series turbos bolt up. here is a write up i put together about all the IHI vf turbos
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12330

400 to the wheels? not gonna happen with a vf turbo unless you throw in some meth. even then you probably still wont make 400 whp. with that said you will notice a significant power difference with any vf turbo compared to the stock td04 you are running.

my recommendation is a vf 22 if you want something inexpensive and reliable that makes good power. you are looking at minimal lag with the 2.5 block and it will give you a great improvement over the stock turbo. I had this on my old bug eye and thought it was a great turbo.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  11. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

ok i will have to look into that where would you say would be a good place to look for the vf22?..ha im still trying to find good performance sites too...?

12. Weapon

I would try to find one used.. try nasioc..dont pay more than $400 used..

13. siegelracing

I could make 400 whp on a vf-22, on race gas with a 75 shot ;) maybe... then again it still might hit the max hotside flow before 400 whp...

In all seriousness, if you want 400whp you need to plane either at LEAST a 20G on meth, or a BIG turbo on pump...

Siegel