Twin Turbo Gallardo Crashes At 200 mph

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1NU6xjTSY&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Yep....texas mile. Bunch of posts on nasioc about this, guy walked away from it too

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

crosswind my ass...that's like saying that headwind I encountered on the way home was the reason the yacht couldn't top 78mph.

Looks to me like the chute yanked it off on accident...maybe too much stopping force caused the car to lose traction? You don't pass the mile marker at 236 and hit the berm at 100 without some massive (too much?) braking power

4. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

looks like the rear end is pulled up a little bit by the chute.

5. slade1274

slade1274 Member

There are more passes on youtube of him not using the chute.... and one was 250.1mph- all without crashing. It had to be the chute.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

gary javo owns the sleep shop in savannah, haha.

but yeah, looks like too much chute to me

7. jeb

jeb Member

If you look at the way the wind is blowing it would have pulled his back end to the far side of the track in the video causing him to exit stage right but it doesn't look like it could have been more than 15mph of breeze(watch the speed of the dust clearing when they stop rolling). Had to have been too much chute or a bad mounting location

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

I'm betting it was driver stupidity besides he had a 1/2 mile to slow down like all the other passes he made

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thats my point... why even use the shoot, looks like he had plenty of room to slow down without it.

10. jeb

jeb Member

But he spent so much money on the chute.......

11. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

12. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

how badass do you have to be to drive that and know you're probably gonna spin out when you brake at the end

13. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

My bet is he upset the chassis moving the wheel to much when he shot his hand over for the shoot and hard braking at the same time.

I dont think the shoot afects the chassis does it?

Anyways, dont top fueler's/draggers in general pull the shoot while still on the throttle and crossing the line? That way they can bump the wheel a bit and they will still have more stability then bumping the wheel under full braking?

Anyways, is it just me or does this guy just not have car control? Look I would rather be a bit easier on the brakes and go off the end of the course hot but straight and controlled then spinning the hell out out at 175+ mph. Its obvious he has more then enough room to go easier on the brakes if he is spinning out several times and still has room to spare at the end of the track.

Is it that impossible to brake controllably from those speeds? I dont know thats for sure.

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

chute. as in paraCHUTE, not parashoot (even though para makes firearms)

</grammar police>

15. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Top fuel dragsters also have HUGE rear wings to stable the rear end. It looks to me that the rear end got lifted when the CHUTE deployed.