Ufc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Any UFC fans here?

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

watching the ultimate fighter finale right now

pissed that ed didnt get the win...he whooped kendalls ass

3. na it was a close match....agreed ed was more in less the winner but both of them had heart to keep going as long as they did.

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

as much as i dont like the british guy's cockiness, he's got excellent fighting style, real aggresive with the submissions.

5. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

it doesnt matter they both got contracts. it was a great fight.. as far as the brit he dominated that fight the other was jsut windmilling punches he has always been sloppy.

i want to see ortis vs shamrock 2!!

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

the brit stright up destroyed Josh's face. Josh did show some heart staying in as long as he did though. I was dissapointed that ed's fight didn't go into a fourth round.

7. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

how about that bad chick in the energy drink commercial. !#!#!$@

8. hahaha my girl was watching it with me (she now reminds me when UFCs on) and she was like damn shes Hot as she picks my chin up.

ortis vs shamrock 2

Ortis is going to beat him to death.
    Shamrock needs to retire hes going to break a hip if he keep it up, kind alike the hulk hogan of the UFC

9. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

yea ortis rocked his world last time. but you never know man shamrock could land a lucky punch. did you see the old school z28 restores they are fighting for? whoever wins gets the black. i used to watch UFC on VHS when i was like 8 years old shamrock was the man back then but ortis definately has the advantage these days.

10. It have to be a lucky lucky shot i just dont see ortis going down. But al in all its going ot be a good fight tobad im going ot miss it cause i have to work...So if anyone gets it on payperview and happens to record it if i can get a copy ill give you some cash.

11. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

that fight video will be all over the internet the next day.

12. i know..but i want to see all of ufc 61

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

When is ufc 61 going down? maybe we can have a g2g@ a bar or if someone gets it on pay per view we can pay like 2-5 bucks or what ever to cover the 30-50 ppv cost.

14. july 8th on pay per view..

15. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i dont think shamrock will win because he thinks his way of fighting is right. one must change...

16. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

Most of the older fighters are one dimensional viz. shamrock, kimo, royce etc. All these new guys are very multidimensional: submission, gnp, bjj etc. Also age plays a big factor, tito is about 26-27 and shamrock is 41-42. How much ever I dislike tito, i think tito is going to take the cake.

17. suby113

suby113 Member

Yep I will be watching this tonight too!

18. Someone record this for me so i can watch it. Im stuck at work on the ambulance all night

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well that was rather dissapointing. The Tito/Ken fight was over way too quickly, and the Sylvia/Arlovski (sp?) fight was just lame. Their first two fights lasted under a minute. Sucks that this one lasted 5 rounds without a clear winner. I hate it when it comes down to the judges.

That first fight was sick though. Yves was straight gushing blood everywhere.

20. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Who won the fight! Details man!!

21. Deke

Deke Active Member

Tito won by TKO, the ref stopped it after he slammed Ken to the ground, mounted him, and threw 5 or 6 consecutive elbows to his face. Ken wasn't guarding worth a damn, ref called it on account of him not being able to intelligently defend himself. It lasted about a minute 15. I was definitely hoping for a KO or submission. TKO = the lame

Sylvia won by judges decision. The two went toe to toe the entire time. No one went down even once. Neither even barely staggered. It was like watching a lightweight kickboxing match. It was a close fight, lame, but close. I'm guessing the judges just felt that they couldn't hand over the title to someone else on a fight like that.

The first fight, Yves and Joe something (I think) was awesome just because joe threw an elbow to Yves head that put a huge gash in it. It poured blood for the next two rounds before the ref finally stopped the fight.

Oh and Lidel is going to be fighting some pride fighting guy in November. I'm routing for Pride fighting guy. Pride is badass.

22. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks! glad Tito won.

23. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Wow look at all the missionary-position action in that video.
    (aknowledged cheesy comment ..har har)

That was a short match, I'd hate to have paid for a ticket or pay-per-vu.

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i agree that fight was disappointing... but as far as im concerned, a pay-per-view event is more of an excuse to have a bunch of people over and get drunk... a good event just adds to the fun :)

25. Deke

Deke Active Member

Totally agree. But I still would've liked to see someone get knocked out.

26. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

the black dude in the firsat fight getting his wig split was awesome. made the rest of the night to me.

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

oh hell yeah

28. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

+1 on that!!!

29. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

there's gonna be a Shamrock vs Ortiz 3....no doubt

30. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i would think so. ortiz was like "anytime anywhere we can do it again." im sure there will be part 3. its a shame shamrock went so fast he was looking extra cut this time like he worked hard for it. but im thinking the next ortiz fight is gonna be iceman and him. thats what i thought i heard the anouncer say. im thinkin chuck is gonna kill tito if he can keep tito standing.

31. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah, if they box, Lidell should definitely take him, but if Ttito takes it to the ground, it might be a different story.

That reminds me, did anyone see after the fight when Silva (Pride fighting guy) challenged Chuck? Silva said, and I quote "I want to fuck...I want to fight Chuck Lidell." I mean he is foreign, and it's obvious english is his second language. But still hilarious, none the less.