Unsolicited private messages from vendors.

Discussion in 'Meta' started by baddriver, Jul 4, 2009.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I'm starting a new topic since my previous post was deleted.

A few minutes after viewing messages in a vendor thread (and not posting) in I
    received an unsolicited "introductory" private message.

I would rather not have spammy unsolicited private messages in my WRX Atlanta
    inbox that they have not indicated interest in on the board, by email, or by phone.

My deleted posts were both non personal and objective, but probably not good
    for business considering the issue I was addressing.

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Thats weird I was thinking about making a thread about something similar. Apparently if someone is a vendor you can't use the ignore feature. I sure would like to be able to use the ignore feature since I have no interest in what one particular vendor is selling and I don't want to look at 400 threads about it everytime I click new post.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

As stated in our rules...

A warning has been issued; any additional violation will result in a permanent ban and the removal of all account privileges.

4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I just ran into this issue tonight for the first time when I wanted to ignore a vendor that was posting deals I wasn't interested in. I guess the technical issue is that forum admins currently cannot be ignored.