Uppipe/Downpipe

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by jonnyboy0150, Mar 7, 2005.

1. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Well it looks like im not gonna have enough money to get an ecutek reflash so i think im gonna go with and uppipe and downpipe. Which uppipes/downpipes did you guys go with? How much did you pay? How difficult was the install? I was looking at the Helix UP/DP combo for around 450 bucks, but that will eliminate all cats, will that cause any problems with the running of the vehicle and will it still pass emissions if i use the o2 simulators included with the downpipe??? If going catless will be a big problem then i can probably get a catted downpipe and just get the uppipe later.

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I have the Helix Catted Downpipe and the Helix Flex Uppipe. I will try to find the website were I bought mine at. I believe I paid 499 for both. Free Shipping. I reallly enjoy it.

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

That would be great as i am looking into this combo as well. I don't want to go 3inch but you can't get a bellmouth/catted/2.5" downpipe :mad:

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

true. I sounds great tho.:bowdown:

5. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

if you could find that site that would be awesome. that sounds like the way im gonna want to go. How much louder was it after the install???

6. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I just bought the stromung DP and the helix flex UP. It should be a good combination I already have the sti center section and muffler. The up/dp ran me $700.00.

P.S. when they coom in I might need some help with install:bigthumb:

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

only UP & DP cost you $700??? sounds like you got 3rd delete or high flow cat. is this right?

8. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

id be glad to help some weekend, what part of buford do you live in??

9. married05gt

married05gt starting over

yes igot the cat delete as well.

I live in hamilton mill but it looks like we are having a GTG on saturday to work on some cars.

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Scott told me Stromung huh? nice piece I hear. Very Nice :bowdown:

11. longfury

longfury Active Member

Ever remember where you got your stuff ;)

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Invidia all the way!!