Uppipe Installation Cost

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Suby1128, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

hey yall, I may be getting an Uppipe and I was wondering where I can get it done professionally, but more importantly how much it will cost me? If it's too expensive I may have to just go ahead and get a downpipe :mad: , but that's better than no exhaust components. I've heard Knowledge and Mahdavi names thrown around here, but just wanted to know how much yall have spent or what the going rate is.

Craig

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Mahdavi Motorsports will do downpipe and upipe install for 70 bucks. Can't really beat that. I got my springs put on there and they did a great job.

770-923-1550 is the shop number.

Knowledge would probably be more expensive.

3. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

$70 ???:eek: you have to be kidding me thats an incredible price!
    Where are they located?

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

mahdavi morosports is in lilburn off of jimmy carter blvd.
    thats where i get all my work done...great guys

5. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

yerrow can you confirm it would cost around $70?
    you used to work with them or have some sort of connection with them didn't you?

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

knowledge is definitely more expensive... dunno about up-pipe alone, but up/dp together will run you between 300 and 350 at knowledge... give them a call and find out for sure... i'll be goiun there whenever my downpipe comes in

people usually recommend u get the uppipe and downpipe installed at the same time to save time and labor

7. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

right now I don't have the money for a downpipe, but people are talking about there being an install day at Miranda's, so I may get it done free there.

Craig

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

damn $70 install rate?

I remember Knowledge's rate was $75 an hour if that helps.

When's the install day at Miranda's? I remember her posting something about possibilities but no definate date.

9. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i'll get the exact info 2morrow cuz i can't seem to get in touch with them right now

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well at least thats what the guy there told me was 70. Just tell him you know yerrow and scoobyblkwrx from wrxatlanta, and I'm sure they can give you a great price. Hope that helps.

Yes Bobby, this weather ROCKS!!

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

haha, I didnt even mention it in this thread. Did you just get back from a joy ride?:p

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I believe I did.

13. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

its $210 and they'll do the CEL fixes if you go catless
    still alot better price than Knowledge

14. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

Or you can do it yourself for free. Its not hard to do I did myself. Installed a downpipe, uppipe and headers. It was a complete turboback from TurboXS

15. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I'm doing it at Mahdavi, they are charging $140 for just the uppipe install, sounds like a deal to me.
    Craig

16. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

That is a killer deal. It takes a professional Subaru Technician a full 3 hours to properly install an up-pipe. So our install is $276, but it's worth it if you've ever watched them do it. I'd love to see how they can do it for $140 ($25 an hour doesn't pay for lights and heat....)

17. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I'm just going to get the price down in writing as soon as I get there, because I don't want to be stuck with a bill I cant afford at the end because they said one price to me but meant something else.

Craig

18. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Took Sam@Mahdavi 1 1/2 hours to do mine so $140 is right

19. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

The tech a TwistedTuning took the full 3 hours to do mine and he was a subaru tech though. I guess everyones different.

20. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

It seems like Mahdavi guys do not slack off. :D :D

Do they have warranty on their installation???

Ex. If there is leak with Up pipe after UP installation, will they reinstall for free???

21. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

With the PDE Flex Up-Pipe or the STi (which has a flex joint) we have had essentially zero up-pipe leakage issues.

I know that some people have un-ending headache's (sp?) with up-pipe leaks, but I believe that is from installing a non-flex up-pipe.

***PLEASE ONLY USE FLEX Up-Pipe's***

There is a reason that the factory up-pipes on all Subaru's have flex joints. I PROMISE that if they thought they could use a pipe without a flex-joint they would have. It is NOT cost-effective to try and put a non-flex pipe in there.

Seriously, I know they are cheaper, but come on, factory is flex, flex's don't seem to have problems, non-flex's do. Whether you get them here or not, I STRONGLY suggest only using a flex-pipe.

<Soap-box out.> Sorry, but it makes me sad to see people unhappy with their Suby's.

22. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Kinda like me right now scott! I'm so unhappy with my suby, but I know that its Classics fault. So i guess everything will work out.

23. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

if there is ever a problem, MM will stand ny there work

24. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

got it installed perfectly, $140, great price, still trying to determine if what im hearing is a minor leak, but I don't think it is.
    Craig

25. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Im pretty sure its just the turbo fan spooling up a lot fast and you are just not used to hearing that. Thats the way a turbo should sound.