Uppipes ??

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ScoobyMike, Sep 27, 2004.

1. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I just wanted to know if anyone knows a good uppipe and downpipe to buy. Porter told me PDE is great. I heard that you should only but an uppipe with flex. It seems right? Then I heard that the Helix is pretty good, but you can loose boost pressure under load on the Sti's, But its ok for the reg WRX? I donno know it seems fishy to me. If anyone has or knows of a good uppipe/ downpipe combination please let me know.

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

stay away from the HKS ones. HKS has a nice name to it, but the pieces suck balls. i got the ERZ ones and i'm happy with them.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im going with helix... most people on nasioc who have the same cat-back like mine say it mates well

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Uppipes re:

Yeah I think that I'm going with the helix too. Milo, you know of anygood website with good ship rate cost? Let me know

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i haven't looked around too much.... but vendors on nasioc seem to have good prices

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

you gettin your Bov ?

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

in due time... need up/dp first to make some power !!!!!!!

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I've got a Vishnu up-pipe and APS turbo-back with a single cat.

It all came on the car but it works wonders.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yo bobby... i soooo need to go for a ride in that beast

10. GTscoob

tomorrow night . . .

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Yeah Word! I can't wait till my stuff gets here next week.
    Milo, I went with the Helix Uppipe/Downpipe combo. The Sti intercooler is on its way from a buddy of my. I got the Tein S-Tech lowering springs. Got the Sti hoodscoop PAINTED. The Samco intercooler pipes. And that it for now. I have spent enough money this month. Bout 1395.00 bucks. That hurts the bank acount a lil. But a can't wait to get it all on!! Get the Darth Vader dyno'd. Can't wait......

12. GTscoob

woohoo triple post!!!

Speaking of painted STI scoops, does anybody know a good place to get them for cheap? My APS TMIC is sucking through the stock scoop.

13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah yeah yeah....the school computer sux ass what can i say. Yeah I'll get the web site for you soon. Ask me about it tom. cool?

14. GTscoob

that works

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nice... need to check it out when u put it in... did u get the catted or catless downpipe?

im thinking of getting the helix up/dp (catted), installed and tuned... but first i need to put gauges in there too... gonna be a lot of $$$$... hopefully i can get it all done before dyno day

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Uppipe w/ flex , and the downpipe w/ cat. Stromung exhaust dual tip as well.

17. K-groove

K-groove New Member

I've got the helix up-pipe and I haven't had any problems out of it.

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Was it a big difference?