Usenet/newshosting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Herbandiscipline, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Does anyone use the website newshosting? Is it worth the subscription? I am trying to find something different than torrents.

2. I do. love it. Great for TV shows, but not as great for movies, files and the like.
    did you have questions?
    You have to either pay for a subscription or buy a block of data ($22 for 200GB @ http://usenet-news.net/index1.php?url=get refer me if you go there so I get the referral bonus)
    Good part is that it is a point to point connection and not viewable by 3rd parties (unless you are connecting through a company firewall and then you can actually encrypt it ( !! ) using SSH) so you wouldn't get notifications from your internet provider.
    Another good aspect of it is that it is only dependant on your connection speed and the news servers connection speed. I always download at speeds close to my maximum here at home. Around 30-50 Mb/sec, using SSH. No more hoping that other people seed...

3. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

I started using newshosting.com. So far works great, yeah I noticed movies are not as great but I use it more for the tv shows. I was just curious about
    People's experience using usenet over BitTorrent. It is nice not needing people to seed.