V for Vendetta

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Deke, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I give it a big Thumbs up. I saw it this past weekend and definitely enjoyed it. It gets a little slow in the middle as far as the action is concerned, but it does a great job developing the story and definitely ends amazingly. If your a fan of the totalitarian 1984 feel with a pinch of the Matrix, I'd definitely reccomend this one.

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i really enjoyed the movie, but you deffinately shouldnt go expecting an action movie :D

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it was cool... V is awesome

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

agent smith from the matrix runs that crap

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, my favorite part was when he does the 2 minute alliteration using "v" words...well that and the part where he owns like 15 guys after being shot to hell.

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Amol liked the V part too :keke: :keke: :keke:

7. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I liked this movie a lot. I would say one of the top ten of the year.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I thought the movie was alright. It was interesting, but not worth the $9 for the ticket.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah I heard there are only like three action sequences.

I didn't like that I heard it has a bit of an anti-American theme however. If that's not really the case then I might be more into it.

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well it takes place in a Totalitarian England somewhere in the 2025 area? (don't think it's ever really specified but I remember hearing 2015 as a flashback date). In the movie the US is mentioned to have been broken apart through civil war and one of the government paid news anchors is severly bashing America. I wouldn't say the movie is anti-american though. I think the scene is more just to establish a little more of a distaste for the propaganda of the government.

Now if you look into the concept of the movie and see at as a socail commentary, one may believe that it's anti american. I'd say it's more anti-crazyallencompassinggovernments more than anything though. Like I said, very 1984ish.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well it is based off a pulp-comic from the early 90s I believe.

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Indeed you are correct, a little graphic novel action if you will.

I actually just watched From Hell the other day (weird Johnny Depp movie) that I believe is based on a graphic novel of the same author.

13. Alex

From Hell was excellent!

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wasnt Christina Riccis boobs in that the movie with

15. Alex

Yep!

16. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

how hot is Natalie Portman? is SHE naked? i love her.

17. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

she does not get naked, but you do see pointy nipples through thin clothing a lot :)

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

YAY!!!!
    i'm so there, dude.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

am i the only one here who thinks natalie portman is not atractive at all?

20. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

95% of the time I do not like women with shaved heads.

21. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i got in for free :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    didn't pay anything.. thats why u get hook ups..
    btw i saw ice age 2 the melt down it was super duper great funny laughing my ass offf goodd...:fawk:2 thumbz up.. sorry wrong thumbs.. same goes for V..

i'm with u on that:hsnono:

depends.. who she is now.. :bowdown: the blad headed hot girl from club europe.. she maybe a prostute but she sure is damn hot..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Have you seen Garden State? It's not that she's incredibly hot in the movie (way hotter in Closer and even Episode 2) but I just want to marry that girl. Every interview she does too just makes me like her all the more.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i didnt like her in star wars either

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

No way, she was hot in star wars 2... Her nipples were huge on IMAX! She also was really hot playing a stripper in a chick flic(cant remember the name).

25. Deke

Deke Active Member

Closer

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl: :rofl: