Valentine one + custom mount review

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by SonicBoom, Jan 26, 2007.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I've recently purchased a V1 radar detector and a custom mount from http://www.countryjoycrafts.com/Conn...arDetector.htm and had it hardwired into my homelink mirror. So far I am very happy with the detector and the mount. The V1 has allready saved me once, and I love the directional arrows letting me know were the bad guys are. My only complaint is that its a little too sensitive to X band radar(store alarms, garage door openers etc). As soon as I find out wether cops in my area even use X band anymore, I might disable it so I don't get alerts for X. As for the mount... I love it! No suction cups on the windshield for me! Its very sturdy and I don't have any complaints with it at all. Warning: If you do order this mount, make sure to measure the stem on your mirror so you get the right one. The website tells you to get the 3/4" for the STI but they were wrong. If you have the homelink mirror you need the larger one. I bought the 3/4 and the stereo shop guy had to dremel it out to get it to fit. Here's a pic....

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. legacy05gt

legacy05gt Member

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sorry, don't know whats wrong with the link I posted... anyone interested can just use ^^^^

4. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

Link doesn't work??

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The link in legacy's post works fine....

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Do you find it distracting when you're driving?