Very serious question.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, May 28, 2006.

1. Well today i was just plain pissed off at teh world so i figured id work on my car cause i didnt feel like driving to the gym. Well as most know im having some sreious wiring issuses with my car. So i traced one of the burnt wires from the ECU and fround it it was the Main ground wire for like 5 sensors ( o2,egt,knock and some other ones) Well after the 2nd ECU went rosted tosted i decided to let a pro handle it, might cost more but still cheeper then 300$ a wack with ecus. anyways no one will touch the car for less then 2k (just labor) so im back to doing it myself. But the guy told me it could be a main engine or body ground grounding out and runing bakc to the ECU. Sounds about right (kinda well not to sure i dont do wires) Anyways heres the deal.
    One i have no tail lights even when the car was running the tail lights went bye bye on my way to Atl when i got my tune and second the ecu started smoking when i turned on my windshield wipers. Now heres what ive found under my car
    o2 sensor harness some how rested on the downpipe and ended up with this
    [​IMG]

Where my Hids were wired in and the side marker wire was extended this is what i found
    [​IMG]

And this is the only ground wire i could think of that might be a problem but it looks fine to me.
    [​IMG]

Any help with this would be great. As im tring to get it fixed so i can have a car before the baby gets here. Im in a big bind with this and its really starting to suck.
    Thanks for any help and or advise in advanced.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i wish i could help out but i have no clue... bump

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i would get a new o2 sensor for starters, then i would get some kind of lume or something to wrap those hid wires up better. The power wire has probably seen some form of ground with such a loose connection. Then go to your ecu, look near it and check all its wires and see if just posisbly anything is not right. Also look at your fuse box and check to makesure you didnt blow some random fuses.

4. suby113

suby113 Member

I agree check all fuses first because belive it or not they will go first! The fuse box is behind your pull out pocket underneath the left side of the stearing wheel and there is one underneath the hood in the engine compartment!

5. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

that looks like a critter has been snacking on them man
    you might be able to claim that on insurance as comprehensive *shrugs*

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek4:

Unfortunately, I'm of no help :(

7. Ive checked fuses and all but still cant seem to figure out why its going to the ECU and not poping fuses i know the first time it happened it did blow a fuse but not it no longer dose that it went straight to the ecu and burnt it up. Ugh im really kinda of wishing for anice strong wind to blow this thing away

8. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

take it to the dealer ship to find out whats wrong.. first i mean there might be something big underneeth

9. The only dealership close to me is 70 miles away and well lets not get me started on them there the reason i had to buy a new tranny cause there shop is full of idiots.

10. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

oh mann.. ur in the wrong place..
    sog is great
    royal subaru is a little stupid..
    i prefer sog over any dealership

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

wish I could help ya but I dont know dont touch anything mech. electrical in my car.

12. Well i think i got it figured out.
    the o2 sensor wire that was all jacked up well it cause the more power flow through the harness and caused this
    [​IMG]
    so now im just oging to find a wire harness and replace it to make sure i get everything fixed, just one more question in the follow picture is this going to be the end of the inside harness or the start of the engine bay harness.
    [​IMG]
    That way i will know if i need to get one or both of them.
    And just for everyone make sure you check the Wires around your down pipe as im thinking thats what started this whole problem.
    Now can anyone give me the number to SOG so i can see what the price is on this lovely harness. hopefully theyll give me some kinda of a discount.

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

SOG: 678-475-3500

talk to ephremn (7wolf) or neal (fast4ced4)

14. Is the harness part circled in red the end of the bulkhead harness? Not sure what to order yet, i got a guy in mobile going to get me a harness and ECU for like 350 shipped to my house.