Vision Technica Hood Dampers

Discussion in 'Vendor "For Sale" Classifieds' started by Sakari Motorsports, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Vision Technica Hood Dampers.

A gas-filled damper provides effortless bonnet opening and closing in a high-quality fashion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are not some ebay take offs. Vision Technica is a club affiliated to the Japan Automobile Federation. They are a group of enthusiasts that devotes all of our accumulated technologies to motorsport.

Here's a link to their website.

http://www.technicasport.co.jp/

$135 shipped!

I will be ordering one shortly if anyone wants one I will cover your shipping charge!

$120 if ordered with mine!

Email to sales@sakarimotorsports.com for any questions!

Paypal to sales@sakarimotorsports.com to purchase!

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

what color are these and how difficult is the install? the pic is kinda small....

3. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

takes 5 mins to install, if that. and worth every penny IMO

4. updating with a better pic!

I believe Alex has these! ;)

5. flip

flip Member

man i'd love some of these... a few months and i'll have $$ again :p I almost miss the old apartment/rental days when you could just call someone to fix everything :).

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yes I do have these and they work quite well. In fact, I absolutely love them! I cannot stress how much of a joy it is to have that much more area to work under your hood and not worry about the prop. Ive had them for at least a year and I do need to re-oil them just a tad bit. Let me see if I can dig up a photo.

7. Alex

Not the best pic, but it works...

Attached Files:

8. Trey

Trey Active Member

Can you install them so the hood is all the way straight up? (outta the way)

Nice work too Alex. ;)

9. Alex

Trey I am not sure, I did not really play with them. I will look later today if I get a chance and see what I can come up with. If not, these give you a considerable amount more room to work with. Ive yet to have them get in the way of any install Ive done in there. The dampers actually mount to these screws that are in the area. I'm not entirely sure what they do, they could be the ones that tighten the 1/4 panel slightly. Im not 100%, its been a while.

10. Thanks for the feedback Alex!

I will be ordering one shortly if anyone wants one I will cover your shipping charge!

$120 if ordered with mine! ;)

11. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

good deal, i paid around $150 for my Tein hood dampers a while back + i have to live with the loud green color.

12. Alex

Snapped a few shots...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Thanks for the pix Alex ;)