Want your tail's tinted?

Discussion in 'Vendor "For Sale" Classifieds' started by JPM Coachworks, Oct 31, 2006.

1. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

We're now offering a full smoke kit for 2004-06 STi's and WRX Sedans. This look has been popularized by our very own Milo (hope he doesnt mind me using one of his pictures :p) I will be looking for a wagon owner soon to create a template of sorts for it. Anyways, if you are interested in tinting the tail-lights of your sedan, please let me know. As promised, the cost is underneath $100 for a rear tint job. If you want front done as well, we can work out a deal. Got a question? Send us an IM via AIM at tenth st jdm, we'd love to hear from you :wavey:

[​IMG]

Custom Tinted / "Smoked" Subaru Tail-Lights
    • Time: <2 hours, done in house.
    • Cost: $80

Customer Queue
    1. 06SilverBullet
    2. knhtrdr
    3. joshbooth
    4. Gtscoob
    5. sm04subaruwrx
    6. techlord

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2006
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Good luck with this Alex....hmm I wonder how this would look on a PSM bugeye...probably need black rims to go with it

Maybe next year after I graduate I'll hit you up

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It'd look great I am sure, not necessarily black but a darker color'd rim would look nice. We can paint your rims and give it a shot!

5. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Can you do 03 lights

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

02,03 and 06 lights would probably be easier to do than 04-05 lights... so i dont see why not

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Me! me! me! lol

8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

That's what I was thinking as well....cause it doesn't have the protruding saucer type dealie...:wiggle:

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'd be down if you could make a template that blacked out the red portion of the taillights but keeping the smoked reverse/backup lights uncovered.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

before and after pics on an 06 for those interested

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Sexy black

12. sm04subaruwrx

sm04subaruwrx Member

i'm interested in rear and possibly front on my '06

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I'm in like Flynt...Rears only please...

Mark

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i don't think alex is doing fronts right now... but if you are interested in before and after pics, here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. techlord

techlord Active Member

I am in! The bugeye needs the tails tinted. PM me the details.

16. JPM Coachworks

That's quite doable.

Definately!

I am doing just the rears right now, when I move to the front you'll be the first to know!

I am waiting to get a template from my contact for wagons (06+), for now I will only be able to do sedans and earlier year wagons. Also, PM's sent!

17. MarkM2016GTI

Milo, did you take off your front tint?. I think that I remember you telling me that you did. I want to only do the rear tl's.

Mark

18. MarkM2016GTI

How much is the grille work going to cost?.

Mark

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I want to do the fronts and rears as a package when it becomes available.......

20. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

alex is stikings to the rearrr, wbahahhahw powendddddddd

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes... it killed the HID

22. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you can use my wagon ;)

23. JPM Coachworks

I'll get back to you on this :D

24. JPM Coachworks

Its not going to be cheap, the aluminum Ive found and plan to use isnt cheap unfortunately, however, it should be quite nice. I will make a trip to homedepot as well over the weekend to see if they have a cheaper solution. No $ estimate at this point.

Cheers,

25. MarkM2016GTI

No Probs...I don't mind paying extra for good craftsmanship and quality...I kinda figured it wouldn't be that inexpensive...Hey...You can use my wagon also along with Kris's...

Mark:naughty:

26. JPM Coachworks

27. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Milo, now that i've seen pics of your car, I think I've seen you driving south on Roswell several days...probably like a month or 2 ago. I didn't own a WRX then though. :)

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

probably... a good friend of mine lives off roswell road

29. JPM Coachworks

Updates: All sedan tails can be tinted; still working with the wagons.

Cheers,

30. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

What are you using for tint, a film or something else?

-could possibly be tinting his tails soon....I already have my own supply though :)

31. JPM Coachworks

Tint sheets, in two different shades: 3/10 and 6/10.

I should add, if anyone would like to just order the tint through me and DIY, I will provide instructions :)

32. D_K

D_K Member

ehh..what do you guys think about it being done on the rear of my car?.

white sti??...

33. JPM Coachworks

I think itd look great :) Were still working on a complete 04-05 tail solution (because of the protruding circles of the tails).

Cheers,