WAP is almost done

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, May 12, 2005.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Just hammering out a redirect kink and then it'll be done.

Scott, you want to test it? :wiggle:

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

wrxatlanta.wap is going to be awesome.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

A wap version of this is going to be awesome.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This is going to be awesome.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

WAP Version would be awesome

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

WAP! That's awesome... just getting a Blackberry w/ unlimited access, so this will be nice!

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

WAP kicks ass, now WRXatlanta can be everywhere.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I wish my phone could WAP

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

whenever its ready, let me know and we'll test it...

10. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i wanted to suggest that. Damn, i wish i have T-mobile which has unlimited access of Tzone for WAP. Now with Verizon, i gotta count each byte so i won't be over charged.. oh well.. This will be great feature!!!

11. Alex

Alright so here's the deal, I somewhat mispoke. This is more for mobile browsing. The current WAP software avail. is commercial and I can honestly look into purchasing if the pricing is reasaonble. Regardless, the mobile version of WRXatlanta will, in essence, be an interactive archive allowing you to browse the website merely with text links and nothing more. I'm still playing around with it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2005
  12. BelvnAWD

Alex,
    I realize your still playing with it, but as of right now, the site is essentially inaccessible with my blackberry. It asks you to log-in, but you can't actually access a login in screen...

13. Alex

try this link...should allow a login

http://forums.wrxatlanta.com/index.php?styleid=5

14. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Posting from Blackberry. Even with style 5 I see lots of graphics...

15. Alex

Im working trying to set it so you see no images with the mobile version. If I cant find what I need, I will start writing the code to get them to come out.

16. BelvnAWD

I know, bringing back the post from the dead. I tried using my blackberry (7290) and the site was almost impossible to navigate. Never did actually read a thread....

17. socrates42

socrates42 Member

how about an RSS for new threads/posts

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..i tried using internet on my phone and i couldnt view anything either..but then again im an idiot so thats not saying much

19. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

hahahahaha

-drums

20. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Wat's the address of WAP ?? I have MobileWeb 2.0 from verizon which is high speed. Pretty fast at DL stuffs. I occasionally surf Nasioc WAP whenever i'm bored.

21. BelvnAWD

Part of the problem is that Alex found out we had to buy the software for WAP capability. Right now, it is a mobilized version of the HTML site...its a little buggy. Can;t blame Alex at all though as he already puts enough time into the main site. On a side note, I found that clickling on the worksafe link with my blackberry works a little better...

22. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

There's a barebones version (style=6? I think) that works pretty well. It lacks a 'New posts' button though.

23. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i guess i have to wait till true wap version comes out.