**Wastegate fluttering???need help**

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by SUBY_RUE, Jul 26, 2008.

1. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

I've been hearing my wastegate fluttering alot today and aftermarket bov isnt sounding. Does anybody have an idea what could be going on. It's still boosting fine and runs great :dunno Bov is rec. Any help would be apreciated

2. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

kinda sounds like compressor surge...any chance the bpv is wound too tight or something?

3. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

I doubt its to tight, I've had it installed for about a year now. I pulled it of and checked it, the spring isnt stiff or stuck... everything seems fine. I cant figure it out..

4. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

My wastegate used to flutter with a divorced wastegate pipe in the dp. It was a very noticeable sound that was not present with the bellmouth design. There wasn't anything wrong with my car when it was fluttering.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Mine does the same, i have divorced wastegate pipe in the dp also

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

im flutters, and SS told be if you can't feel it, then your fine.....

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Are you sure the vacum line is still connected to your BPV?

8. flip

flip Member

I would say thats not fine. Compressor surge is never a good thing. Make sure the BOV still has a vaccuum. If it does then likely the seals in your BOV are done or it is too tight.

9. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Thanks guys, when I got to work today I pulled the bov off and hit it w/ some wd-40 and all is well again... I guess when I was pushing on it w/ my fingers it was fine, but when preasuer hit it... must have been binding, its a cheap bov.