Web Design Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Berzerklo, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

So my company wants one of my long term projects to be a company website. I work for a small, redneck Mechanical Subcontractor/Engineering Firm in Norcross so the site does not have to particularly streamlined or fancy. The only tricky thing we need is access to an FTP so we can post bid documents for our vendors. We already own the domain name.

I have programmed before, but it was a while ago. I have programed mostly in BASIC and C++, but I have done a little bit of HTML for my freshman web page at GT (and that was at least 5 years ago). Since there is no real time limit to this endeavor I am pretty confident I can teach myself whatever syntax I need to learn to make this page. So I guess my question revolves around what programs/applications would be needed to develop a basic website for a small business? I really have no idea what is popular to use these days... Any help is appreciated! :wavey:

Thanks,
    Scott

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I use ImageReady, Flash, and Dreamweaver but I'm more of a graphics focused designer and not a web developer. Alex would be a great person to consult!!

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Are you looking for something avtice or a static page with just information.. or something sell products with
    ?

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

We do all of our work for general contractors, so we don't need to sell products or advertise. A static page with company/contact info and access to an FTP is all that we really need.