Wedding gift for non car couple

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrCoffeeATL, Jun 29, 2006.

1. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

A friend of mine from out of town just got married but i was unable to attend. I feel bad getting the usual dining set from the registry (because it seems so impersonal :eek: ) so i was wondering if there are any people here with ideas. My friend likes comics and movies/media and works for wizzard. They both like kicking back and having a drink too so any ideas in that area might work.

Barring any ideas here, i'll be forced to get muffin pan or something :wtc:

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

As a married person, trust me, his wife will not like getting things that are not on the registry. If you feel you really have to get something more personal, get a small gift from the registry for her, then a personal gift for him....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

get her a registry gift and get him some booze..he is going to need it now that he is married :wiggle:

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

muffin pans suck. My wife likes it when I get her tires.

--
    Brian

5. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

You are more unique (and lucky) than you know :wiggle:

Edit: and i like the one gift for each idea. Thanks

6. Trey

Trey Active Member

I agree, as a married man, stick to the registry. Most of the "personal" gifts we got at our wedding were crap...really. We both wondered WTF people were thinking.

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The book Karmasutra and the oil.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Wow, isn't this the magazine that tells how much Magic and xmen cards are worth? If so, freakin sweet (however I didn't even know they still published wizzards).

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

My friends plays magic and that other one I cant get into them personally though.

10. Goose013

Goose013 Member

go with at registry gift, they put the stuff on there for a reason....believe me

11. Ayrton

Ayrton Member

:p

12. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Ok, i got some food prep stuff (off the registry) and a set of handcuffs/candles/positions book (which i don't remember being on the registry). I'll leave the muffin pan for some one else :)

13. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

^ nice gifts

14. cannarella

cannarella Member

Nothing beats a HD gift card for him... Registry thing for her. Pick something that they need one of that way it is more personal.

Andy

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'd go with the registry... might as well help out with stuff they need

16. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

+1, in fact they may have both decided what they needed and put the registry together.