Wedding Stuff: Catering and "DJ" Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Alex, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Two good friends of mine have finally decided to get married. The wedding is scheduled for June and they are looking for suggestions or recommendations on a catering service, venue for the reception and music that will not break the bank.

Suggestions?

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL, the DJ at our wedding was just ok, so no on that one. The food was way over priced so no on that as well

3. Alex

Well gee willickers mister, thanks!

4. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I got good recommendation for DJ. I'll text you his number.

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Jesus this thread title made me think the worst.

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

7. Alex

:rofl:

8. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I couldn't see any avatars an somehow knew that was Nicad's comment...

My lady and I used Mike Zarin as our DJ, and he did a pretty good job. I think you can see Emily's testimonial on his website if he's updated it. I know he was working on that.

We used Affairs to Remember for catering, because they really took care of everything and it was the easiest route to go. The food kicked ass, too. I can still taste the Carolina ham biscuit sandwiches... Mmm...

9. Alex

I'll pass it along. I had suggested Affairs to Remember today to them.

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

The Dan Band...nuff said

11. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Where will the wedding be? I may have a DJ suggestion.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

there is something hilariously awesome about a wedding company named 'affairs to remember'

sounds like a company I'd run.

+1 for dan band

13. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

the best vendor at my wedding was our photographer Alan Friedman, he did amazing work. We had to use the venue's catering and our DJ was ok.

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

never had any involvement in the planning of ours (VERY little) and every man should keep it that way!
    The food I heard was awesome, I only saw the pics with 350 heads and everyone had to give their best wishes that and the f'ing family pics took hours...Cake was awesome. Ran out of beer before the wedding started. had a live band the fam is friends with Banks and Shane.

My recommendation is elopement!!! Cheap and intimate then have a post wedding party. Best advice I can give

15. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

This.

My wedding was awesome, and I had a great time, but damn, that was one expensive party. It should've just been an expensive party for real.

16. married05gt

married05gt starting over

If they are still looking for a DJ the best company Ive used was spectrum out of norcross. Im not 100% sure if they are still around but they did my wedding 8yrs ago(dmn 8 yrs) and my sisters wedding 3 years ago.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure my buddy used to DJ for them

18. Alex

I believe it is all worked out. Thanks for the help :)