Week 9 BCS Standings - October 22, 2006

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jt money, Oct 23, 2006.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

the reason i post the bcs standings and not the ap is cause the ap poll doesnt mean a damn thing as far as bowls go.

BCS Standings
    1. Ohio State
    2. Michigan
    3. USC
    4. West Virginia
    5. Auburn
    6. Florida
    7. Texas
    8. Louisville
    9. Notre Dame
    10. California
    11. Tennessee
    12. Clemson
    13. Arkansas
    14. Rutgers
    15. Boise State
    16. LSU
    17. Boston College
    18. Wisconsin
    19. Oklahoma
    20. Missouri
    21. Texas A&M
    22. Nebraska
    23. Oregon
    24. Georgia Tech
    25. Washington State

Complete Standings
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings?week=2

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well after a great game (and a wicked hangover yesterday) I dont know how we didnt move up, but oh well

3. jt money

you did move up in the ap poll from 12 to 10 but the bcs is comprised from the usa today coaches poll and the harris poll then the bcs computer.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Guess my squad won't see #1 till they beat Ohio State in November.... I can live with #2....
    Anyone see that Michigan State/Northwestern game????? Msu came back from a 38-3 defecite to win in the last second... wow...

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Yeah I know that we moved up to 10 in the AP, but I was surprised that beating the number 13 team didnt move us up in the BCS though.

6. jt money

BCS Analysis – Week 2

1. OSU – gained .0033. Only change was comp .01. OSU @ Minnesota 3:30 ABC.

In the past Minnesota might have given them a hard time at home, but they’re 3-5 and 0-4. Only remaining tough game is a home game versus Michigan 11/18.

2. Michigan – gained .011. Passed USC. Gained points in all polls. NW @ Mich 12:00 ESPN.

Beat Iowa by 14 and USC beat ASU by 7. Only remaining tough game is at OSU 11/18.

3. USC – lost .0129. Lost points in all polls. USC @ Oregon State 3:30 FSN.

Still has to play Oregon, California, Notre Dame, @UCLA four weeks in a row. Ouch.

4. WV – gained .0305. Lost points in the Harris and Coaches polls, but picked up points in the computer polls. Off this week.

Still has to play @Louisville, Cincinnati, @Pittsburg, USF, and Rutgers…very tough road. WV should lose with this schedule. If they don’t, they will probably stay ranked ahead of us.

5. Auburn – lost .0012. Gained lots of points in Harris and Coaches polls, but lost a spot in the computer polls. Auburn @ Mississippi 12:30.

Should be a good game for Auburn this week. Still has Georgia and Alabama also.

6. Florida – lost .0114. Gained in the Harris and Coaches polls, but lost .05 in the computer polls, which was a lot comparatively. Georgia vs. Florida 3:30 CBS.

Still have Georgia, S. Carolina, and FSU.

7. Texas – gained .04. Lost points in the Harris and Coaches polls, but had a huge gain in the computer polls. Texas @ Texas Tech 7:00 TBS.

Texas Tech should be a good game. Texas still has Oklahoma State, @Kansas State, and Texas A&M. Texas has a chance to be in the NC game if they win out. They are 5 and 5 in the Harris and Coaches polls and they will only climb in the computer polls. They must lose. Beating Nebraska hurt us.

8. Louisville – gained .0039. Nothing to say about the polls. Off this week.

Still has West Virginia, @Rutgers, USF, and @Pittsburg…very tough road. Louisville should lose with this schedule. If they don’t, they could be ranked ahead of us.

9. Notre Dame – lost .0209. Lost many points in the Harris and Coaches polls. No change in computer polls, which I thought was odd. Notre Dame @ Navy 12:00 CBS.

Only remaining tough game @USC 12/02. If Notre Dame was to win @ USC they would move up, but it looks like it won’t be enough. Their upcoming schedule is extremely weak and they will fall in the computer polls.

10. California – lost .0002. Lost many points in the Harris and Coaches polls, but gained .05 in the computer polls. Off this week.

Still have UCLA and @USC. California lost many points by struggling against Washington this week in the Harris and Coaches polls, but if they beat UCLA and USC they will move up and in the computer polls also. This is a team to watch.

Also rans:

Rutgers – if they can win out, could be an interesting run in the polls.

Biggest winner(s) this week (top 15) – (14) Rutgers (.1015), (12) Clemson (.0483), (7) Texas (.0400), (13) Arkansas (.0337), and (4) WV (.0305).

Biggest loser(s) this week (top 15) – (9) Notre Dame (-.0209).

Interesting game(s) of the week: Auburn @ Mississippi 12:00, Georgia vs Florida 3:30 CBS, and Texas @ Texas Tech 7:00 TBS.

Notre Dame @ Navy 12:00 CBS.

Go Gators!

7. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

the MSU comeback was the largest comeback in college football history....
    I can't wait for UM-OSU! That's going to be the game of the year, pretty much a national championship game in Nov!

8. jt money

yep tickets are already going for $800+.

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

The BCS poll is such a load of crap (and this has nothing to do with GT's position on it). Mainly the coaches polls are just a load of crap because most coaches don't even do them, they get somoene else to fill it out for them. Personally I feel that the whole BCS system can lick my balls. :)

10. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

WHat's up guys? I'm a big college footbal fan and as I grew up in Austin, TEXAS, I am a big UT fan. I graduated from Texas State Univ though, but living under UT"s shadow, it's hard not to be a fan. Anyways, GO HORNS!!!

JT, we're gunnin for a repeat!

-Russell

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

For everyone complaining about WVU's soft schedule...

The BE was raided by the ACC and left WVU to find replacements for Miami, VT and BC in a very limited amount of time. For those that don't know, schedules are made years in advance. WVU wanted to replace those teams with high quality teams, but no one was available.

From BE Commissioner Mike Tranghese...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-0610250152oct25,1,3203241.column?page=1&coll=cs-columnists

Also WVU was forced into playing Marshall by our Gov. Joe Mancin.

We have Auburn, Mich. St, FSU and ND on our future schedule.

For those "who have you played?" Our same offense this year -3 seniors beat the SEC champ (pretty much a home game for GA) in the Sugar Bowl last year.

We still have to play @ #6 Louisville, @ Pittsburgh, and #16 Rutgers. The toughest part of our shedule is ahead of us.

If we win out & USC loses a game we will be in the NC game.

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I could go for seeing WVU in the nc game. I really don't want USC in there, way overrated imo, hopefully that'll catch up to them soon...

13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers is 11-0 going into the their last game at WVU. Louisville has to play at Rutgers the week after their game with WVU. If WVU beats Louisville they may very well go into meltdown mode and lose again. That could mean a top 10 ranked 11-0 Rutgers vs. 11-0 WVU for the BE championship at Morgantown.

14. blink

blink Member

I love you sol.. but Louisville will win, go Cards! I agree the BCS is always screwed up, except last year.. it actually kinda worked.. but even a 3 year old could of put #1 & #2 together.

15. AWD OWNZ U

AWD OWNZ U Member

Just because you aren't dodging people doesn't mean your schedule isn't soft man.

16. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i never said it was the toughest in college football. i never said it wasn't soft.

if we win the upcoming games with UofL, Pitt & Rutgers it will boost our SOS rating in the computers.