What a day.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluetwo, May 6, 2006.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yesterday that is. I got off of work a little early thinking, cool, good times.

But at about 12:30 this frikin moron in a Volvo wagon rams the shat out of my car denting in the drivers door real good and scratching up the mirror... Somehow he even managed to put a tiny dent in the back door but that can be popped out at least. I got an estimate for the repairs which total about 1,050 bucks that his insurance will have to come up with.

Then, I was like damn that sucks, but oh well. So I get home about 3:45 to find that my house has been broken into and about 2,200 dollars worth of electronics and movies has been stolen, probably by some fawking cracked out kids or something.

And then just to top it off my plans with this chick I know fell through at the last minute.

What a damn day.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

damn dude.....

3. suby113

suby113 Member

Damn dude sorry to hear that! are you still coming tonight?

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Ouch!!
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck with getting it repaired.

5. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am sorry to hear that. If there is anything I can do to help, please PM me.

Mark

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

damn volvo drivers

7. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

woah man, that is harsh. good thing is you didn't get hurt. your car can get fixed. do you have homeowners insurance? if so will it cover your lost goods?

hope things work out for ya!

8. savsuby

savsuby Member

that sucks

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Dam dude,:fawk:I hate theives!

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Holy moly, sorry to hear about this man. Any leads as to the break-in?

11. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Wow that sucks....

I would be pissed. At least the crash wasn't anything serious.

12. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah thanks ya. I did just happen to get some renter insurance a couple of weeks ago, so who knows how that'll look. But yeah I can get reimbursed a lil.

The cops said there was no useable evidence so there's little chance that the stuff will get recovered or that the thieves wiil be caught, but I left them a little present in case they decide to come back. Actually I hope they do because this time there will be some blood involved.

And yeah I should still show up to the meet tonight for a little while at least.

Thanks for the support and all that.

13. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Where tonight?

14. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

sorry to hear all the bad news...

im curious though, what did u leave in your house? a trap?

15. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sorry to hear man
    good luck with finding them thieves!

16. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

man, that really sucks, im sorry to hear that.

17. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

sorry to hear that mann, it sucks when u aint doing shyt to others and they still wanna fawk with you ... shyt is crazy these days u watch out brotha..

18. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

That's horrible.

You dont have roomates do you?

Years ago I lived with two roomates and we were ransacked like that. We had a bunch of electronics and computer equipment stolen. The strange thing about that burglary was that good computer motherboards were stolen and bad ones were left alone, and there was no way for a burgler to descern the between the good and bas ones just by looking.

I promptly moved out but I suspect that it was a case of theft and insurance fraud. One of the roomates was overinsured, had financial difficulties, and lots of expensive servers and network gear. I never could prove it though.

19. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

damn man I hope your insurance gets that sorted and your place gets back to normal.
    also hope your ride gets fixed up and that person's insurance isn't a pain.

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Lol. Yeah I was so pissed for a day or two that I went out and bought a door mat, which I drove a full box of three inch finishing nails into, and then I tied a trip wire on the door frame. Done up in such a way that if a thief were to simply enter in through the front door again, and he was in a hurry, he'd most likely fall on the trip wire and land in such a way that one knee and one or both hands would be punctured by the nails on the mat.... which I also sprayed with bug spray jsut to top it off.

I took it off though becuase it was probably a bad idea. And I'm not really as pissed any more.

21. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

sorry man. i hope things get better for ya

22. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

nice! :bigthumb:

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sounds like somethin out of saw II

24. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

that... is the definition of a shitty day. and you didn't even get the chance for a hummer to make up for it. goddammn.

i hope things get better dude ;)

25. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

you can get in serious trouble (stupid theives sueing) for stuff like that unfortunately.
    if you shoot someone in your house make sure they are dead, seriously. I don't know from personal experience, but there is much less hassle, oh and make sure they stay in the house and are in all the way before you shoot. Who makes these lame rules?
    same thing applys if you run someone over, you can be sued less if they are dead, the family can only ask for so much. Kind of a sick joke among insurance people :\

26. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah I figured I could be liable or something. That's why I only had it there for a while and didn't even leave it out.

It was a way to vent the frustration I had. I've also had to cut three pad locks recently because the morons took a backpack that had my padlock keys in it.

27. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

suck. man maybe we should have a build a booby trap install day at your house
    tar and feather, have monkeys with wrenches chase them all sorts of dasterdly stuff

28. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

my kinda guy:bigthumb:

i thought as long as they were in the house it was fair game dead or alive as long as they don't leave?

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  29. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

in a world where people can sue for spilling a hot coffee they order for being to hot expect the unlogic...

I ordered this hot coffee, it was hot! it burnt me.... mam you ordered a HOT coffee, of course it's hot, go fall off something and die now.

30. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I have heard of cases where people sued the owner of a house because they got hurt on something while breaking and entering. :nuts:

If that doesn't show you how fudged-up the justice system is I don't know what will.

31. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

There was a big discussion about this on Nasioc the other day. It was not that the coffee was hot, that is a given when buying coffee. The problem was that it was scalding. Coffee is normally supposed to be about 140 degrees, the coffee that McDs was selling was 190 degrees. It was hot enough to cause the skin to melt and cause perminent 3rd degree burns. If the coffee was at 140 degrees, it would have burned the leg, and caused redness, but not much else.