What a great start to the weekend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slade1274, Sep 4, 2010.

1. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Yea, bring on the cooler weather!! Finally snapped a pic on how a subie should look.
    [​IMG]

Checked out Harbins Park.... great track with several loops to give whatever level of workout you're looking for. Not tremendously challenging, but as I am getting back into the sport, it was PERFECT for me to get rolling. On a personal note- the interval training on the treadmill is totally FTW as I chugged along all afternoon. Almost like "the good ol' days".

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-georgia/trail/PRD_438503_4541crx.aspx
    http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/porta...rksandFacilities/GuidetoYourParks/HarbinsPark

The blue is MTB trails:

http://www.sorbagatr.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/harbins-trail-map.pdf

MTB1 is the "beginner loop", the main parking in between that and the rest of the trails.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

WOw, those are some old school Cannondales:) Glad you are having fun!

3. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Antique bike show on the roof? Haha, I'm such a snob. Glad you are able to enjoy the weather.

4. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Bah, Haters ;)

They do exactly what they need to for us. I'm over my hucking stage and too self preserving to be doing anymore bonsai downhills; so this is as far from my rigid roots I need to go. Plus, they still look BADASS.

I did seriously consider upgrading to a Scalpel a few years back, but went for the full rebuild instead- new wheels, brakes, rear shock, groupo, and fully serviced headshok in lieu of the tired lefty. Glad I did as this is only the third time it's seen my butt outside since then. I have high hopes of getting more seat time this fall...

5. Harbins is awesome . Its literally like 2 miles from me. Did you go down the paved hill and back to the left into the woods? Theres a nice little downhill section with some jumps and embankments to add a a little more thrill to the ride.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Love to trail run at Harbins (though i have a bum wheel (knee) right now). Have you checked out Little Mulberry in Dacula, another nice park, not too far from Harbins...

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

I've been thinking about getting into the trail riding thing lately. Would be some greatly need exercise!

8. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

The GF and I stopped by the local Trek store yesterday looking to get new bikes. We should all go riding one weekend now that the weather is starting to cool off.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I just got back from rafting middle Ocoee and all I can say is I agree. This weather is beautiful!

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I am in if you guys/gals pick a trail that isnt too techical. All I have left that is off road capable is my cross bike.

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

I was going to say something about those classic CannonSnails, then I remembered the Jekyl BadBoy sitting here in the kitchen. Eddie I have a Carbon Raven II if you want to build it up. Sounds like someone beating on a piece of tupperware when on a rocky trail.

12. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I will always love my Crackndale!

As far as a meet n ride, I'd be up for it.

13. Trey

Trey Active Member

I'm down as well. LMK!

14. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Who wants to set it up? I haven't ridden since moving here from Utah 6-7 yrs ago. :(

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

You've got some commando trails over by Line creek, haven't ridden them in a while